Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop crashes when I touch my touchscreen computer with my fingers

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until yesterday I was able to use my fingers to pinch in, zoom, or adjust the view on my Photoshop app on my touchscreen Windows desktop, but now when I try to do so (or even accidentally brush against the screen with the side of my hand) PS immediately shuts down. It gives me an error message that says "Adobe Photoshop has encountered and error and needs to close". I'm still able to use the touchscreen pen without issue and have tried several times to troubleshoot with Adobe's suggestions, but none of them have worked. My boss went on to get a file off my computer on Friday but he didn't change any settings and no one else uses my desktop. Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy and it's almost impossible to get work done.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same trouble for me, PS shuts down when I touch my tablet with a file open. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update?  See other thread....

chad.rolfs Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021
Major facepalm moment and massive apologies!  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~    If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away. To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces". Change C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces To: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have updated my drivers, updated photoshop, updated to windows 11, even cleaned out all temp files and made more room in the scratch disk, nothing is helping.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hye!

Has the problem been solved? 

I 'm working with the "old" version since the update...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you guys checked to see if your computer has an update?

Are you using Mac or PC?

I have not had any issues with my PC.  But I am constantly checking to see if it is up to date.  Usually when I run into issues it is because there is an update for my computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines