• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes when starting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 11 and Photoshop was running fine. Now after the big update I not longer can start up Photoshop. I shows the menu structure and then closes down. No other messages, just gone.

Lightroom in contrary works perfect. No issues at all.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

What I did to solve it:

I rebooted my pc. I also looked at the event viewer of Windows. You can see the text earlier.

I noted that ucrtbase.dll was the faulthy module. A windows file! Something to do with CRT (the old fashion displays). This hinted me to my screen configurations.

Normally I have Photoshop displaying on a second big screen. This screen was off, as I just wanted a quick look how the new masking looked like. It has never been a problem as it automatically reverts to the primary screen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open Photoshop as it crashes. How do I reset those preferences without opening it? Could not find it in de link you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll down to this bit "Using a keyboard shortcut"

You can also scroll down to this other bit "Manually"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. What I did:

I rebooted my pc. I also looked at the eventviewer of Windows. You can see the text down a little.

I noted that ucrtbase.dll was the error. A windows file! Something to do with CRT (the old fashion displays)

Normally I have Photoshop displaying on a second big screen. This screen was off, as I just wanted a quick look how the new masking looked like. It has never been a problem as it automatically reverts to the primary screen if the big screen is off. Now it is a problem.

When I switched on the second screen all was normal again and Photoshop started as it should. I also can move it to primary screen. No problem.

Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be also due to update try to go back to last version which you are using and check...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked to the event viewer of Windows and it says:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 23.0.0.36, time stamp: 0x61673924
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7e
Faulting process id: 0x6fd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ccce434a16c8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 652c2e1b-c7c7-44ea-8800-b2bf32d02f29

So the faulty module is ucrtbase.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I did to solve it:

I rebooted my pc. I also looked at the event viewer of Windows. You can see the text earlier.

I noted that ucrtbase.dll was the faulthy module. A windows file! Something to do with CRT (the old fashion displays). This hinted me to my screen configurations.

Normally I have Photoshop displaying on a second big screen. This screen was off, as I just wanted a quick look how the new masking looked like. It has never been a problem as it automatically reverts to the primary screen if the big screen is off. Now it appears to be the problem.

When I switched on the second screen all was normal again and Photoshop started as it should. I also can move it to primary screen. No problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines