Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes when trying to print [2017]

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

At the moment, our whole company is having issues with printing with photoshop.

Whenever we try to print Photoshop would crash. There's nothing wrong with the printers as other softwares are running fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The version we run is adobe creative cloud 2017. Here's the error log.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Photoshop.exe

Application Version: 13.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4f61c045

Fault Module Name: StackHash_109c

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19160

Fault Module Timestamp: 56bcd74c

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000c0aa2

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 109c

Additional Information 2: 109cb35f358149606d39f1e1392af2bd

Additional Information 3: 8517

Additional Information 4: 851752bdfd8dd579326d1323bd95860b

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong with the printers as other softwares are running fine.

But then again, PS is not "other software", is it not? Since you haven't offered any information about the actual printer and print settings, nobody really can tell you much. the mere mention of "whole company" implies that this is some network printer and that alone reeks of complication. You have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying mylenium!!

What I meant by other software is that illustrator and also indesigns software are printing fine. The printer themselves is ran via a print server with kyocera TASKalfa 5052ci installed.

The issue is that when we do CTRL + P it crashes immediately as well as going to file print.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the exact issues, It has to be a software update glitch from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Some Photoshop files, saved in the same session as others that do print, crash when I ask it to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the last update for photoshop. It is crashing before the printing dialog.

Every other application like Microsoft Word, haven't this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

When I open old (1 year ago) project, after ctrl+P Photoshop crashes.

After this I create new document, move all layers from old project to new, and after this ctrl+P works.

I think problem is that Photoshop save print settings in project, and if something change from last time, printer or something else, photoshop crashes.

I have this problem for 2 years with old projects, and I try maaany different ways to solve it. After last Photoshop update I though that problem solved, because after printing old project Photoshop show dialog that say something like "You try to print with old print settings, renew?". But after 1 week Photoshop start to crash every time.

I have Epson L800 and L805 via USB. Windows 8.1 x64. All drivers is up-to-date.

I hope Photoshop's team read this forum, and they will find way to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if any of you still have this problem but if so, or others find this thread as I did... here is what I did to solve my CTRL+P crash:

You must delete the preference file called "Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp" or "Adobe Photoshop X64 CS6 Prefs.psp" if using the 64-bit version.

Windows

The preference file will be found at

• Windows XP:

%windir%\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\PhotoshopCS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp

• Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8:

Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\Adobe Photoshop [X64] CS6 Prefs.psp

MacintoshThe preference file will be found at

• MacOS:

/Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp

Notes

[Username] - Your username

[X64] - If you are using the 64-bit version

source: Photoshop cs6 crashes when print is selected : Northcote College :: IT Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my Mac. I had only one printer set up in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. As soon as I added another printer, even a bogus one, the crashing stopped. When I deleted the second printer, the crashing resumed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Galgaz..

you are a champ Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. When opening a image in RAW and then using 'Save As'  the jpeg image appearing in Bridge crashes.  Contacted Adobe Help on several occasions and whilst  not successfully sorting the problem  they have pointed out that if I go from RAW by pressing the 'Open Image' it will print.  This works but is not the ideal solution.   Adobe Help Team on each occasion have been very helpful but I  note that  the query has been recorded with a positive result.  Not the case.  I am using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matthewbharvest  schrieb

Not sure if any of you still have this problem but if so, or others find this thread as I did... here is what I did to solve my CTRL+P crash:

You must delete the preference file called "Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp" or "Adobe Photoshop X64 CS6 Prefs.psp" if using the 64-bit version.

will that delete your photoshop settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem on Windows 10 since Photoshop Updates ago. I am using windows 10 (most current update) and Photoshop 20.0.6.

This needs to be fixed! I pay for the full CC each month and I should not have to be told to Reset my preferences on every single update. I have set specific preferences that I should not have to go back and reset all my preferences every single time.  I also lose all my brushes each time I have to reset, and have to reload them all.  This is a complete waste of my time to constantly have to go back and redo this constatnly! I have about had it with Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i wonder why we do bug reports. adobe does not care they get our money anyway.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This answer should be RIGHT at the top! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend.  Fixed the crashing for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, late to the party, this was happening to me, this solved it:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have the sudden onset (Tuesday 19 March) of this with two separate printers. But CC crashes before one even gets to specify which printer to use. One is a Samsung, the other a Canon pro1000 A3 printer.

File > Print crashes immediately, without notification. The Canon proprietary plug in will run if you have no picture loaded, by also crashes instantly is there is a picture present. Everything was fine, with very similar images, just last week.

Using P/shop CC 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64 on WinPro 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64 bit 1803

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64.

photoshop crashes when i try to open the print dialog.

this does not happen with all files.
but with a few i can repeat it. every time i use the PRINT option in the photoshop menu photoshop crashes.

this is it is a grave error adobe should look into.

i can only guess here but i think it has to do with a printer that was used before are not longer available.
these are mostly old files i printed with an epson before. that printer is now not longer available

i tried resaving the files, creating a duplicate and saving the files. did not help.

only when i create a new file and copy the content over to the new file the print dialog works.

-System

-Provider
[ Name]Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers]0
Level2
Task100
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2019-04-04T14:58:27.705624000Z
EventRecordID111112
ChannelApplication
ComputerMainframe-1
Security
-EventData

Photoshop.exe
5c764fad
ntdll.dll
ca65c822
c0000374
00000000000faf49
1f50
01d4eaf6a63a2baa
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
d4e2c1fa-b679-4c3d-9531-04352a4fca6d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue Windows 10. Epson XP-6000 printer. I have to save as PDF then print from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue; Installed a brand new XP-6000 printer, loaded their Software and now latest Photoshop crashes when trying to print.  How do we solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe does not care you should have noticed that by now.

this bug is in photoshop for at least 3 years.

it was reported on every feedback page adobe provides and they did NOTHING.....

i have the same issue again and just lost work and time because of it.

in my case it happens with files i have printed before on a epson P50.

now this printer is missing from the system (i have a P800 now) and that is confusing photoshop.

this should be easy to fix.. but nobody at adobe cares.

photoshop must be saving some print related stuff in the PSD files as i have a complete new system now.

on this system i never had the epson P50 drivers installed.

only a samsung laserprinter driver and epson P800 drivers.

but i guess when i try to print these files photoshop looks for the P50 driver they have been printed with before and then crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just now having this exact issue 6/3/2020. I try to print and photoshop just shuts down. I ended up having to print from my husbands and it works. We have same exact laptop and same adobe cloud suite. Not sure why mine crashes and his doesn't. Running windows 10. Anyways I tried a recommendation from below. I just dragged my layer that I needed to print to a new canvas and it printed just fine. (when I reopen photoshop it opens with my file there as recovered)... But this is a pain in the butt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines