Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing after installing version 23.2

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashing after installing version 23.2

Nothing will enable it to run, uninstal and reinstall with no plugins, running on Mac OS 12.2  Previous version installed and runs perfectly.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

I just had this same problem. I'm on a Mac and updated the OS. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing helped. I called Adobe support this morning and the gentleman I was working with worked through it until he found the problem. For me it was plugins. I didn't know I even had any. One was an Adobe plugin, design to print. There were only 2 and I still don't know what the other one was. He moved them to an external folder and deleted them from Photoshop. That fixed everything. I'd give them a cal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?
Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will try resetting the preferences and see if that helps

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
MacOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem. I'm on a Mac and updated the OS. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing helped. I called Adobe support this morning and the gentleman I was working with worked through it until he found the problem. For me it was plugins. I didn't know I even had any. One was an Adobe plugin, design to print. There were only 2 and I still don't know what the other one was. He moved them to an external folder and deleted them from Photoshop. That fixed everything. I'd give them a call. He stayed with me and had me open and close it several times and even run through some of my normal work procedures to make sure everything was working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Might try that as I have the same plugin installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know the outcome, it will be useful to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the Adobe plugin, Design to Print and Photoshop seems to be working now.

Thanks for your help!

Colette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the exact name of the plugins? Thanks.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luckily I still have the folder:

package.json
AdobeDesigntoPrint.plugin
adobe-designtoPrint-generator.js alias
adobe-designtoPrint-generator.js

It looks like these all pertain to Adobe design to print, but I'm no expert. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines