• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashing and bugs (?) on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past couple of months, Photoshop has been crashing really badly. Whenever I open the app and try to open a document or start a new project, the layers created and home page overlap each other, and I cannot select anything on either screen. When that happens I cannot do anything to fix it, I cannot even close the app so I need to restart my PC. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a lot of times but nothing works.

Any advice would be appreciated!

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Photoshop. We're here to help.

Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files), and share with us, or paste it here?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

For the home-screen in workspace issue, try this.

• Go to Preferences (CTRL+K) > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop.

To begin troubleshooting crashes, we need more info.

Does Photoshop crash at a specific stage, operation, or task? Do you find a pattern to this behavior? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

• Go to Preferences > Performance > uncheck the  'Use Graphics Processor.'
  • You can also optimize Camera Raw, which handles Raw images in Photoshop, by going to Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Performance > Uncheck Graphics processor and increasing the cache sizes.
  • Restart Photoshop.

If disabling the GPU helped, try the steps in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If this does not help,

Go to the location of the preference folder mentioned below and rename it to backup. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings 
  • Press the Windows > Enter 'Run' > Type %appdata%\Adobe > hit OK
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2022 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2022. old)

This step will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines