• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashing (Closing) on print command

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to reset my preference file over a dozen time the last couple months.

Frequently when I go to print, Photoshop just closes, it doesn't save what I was working on or remember 

it in the recent list.

According to cloud my Photoshop is up to date.

This is a Windows 10 computer.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem after upgrading from CS6 to the current edition of CC2022 Photoshop. I use a lot of type and different fonts and anything I had previously created in CS6 was crashing Photoshop when I attempted to print. After a lot of trial and error and doing preference resets, etc, etc, etc, I discovered that the culprit was a font no longer supported in Photoshop but which I had been using for over 20 years. It took me a long time, but when I re-created the same image with currently supported fonts (unfortunately nothing like my favorite font that was no longer supported), the problem went away and I was able to print to my heart's content. However, this now looks like I have to re-create everything in CC2022 if I want to re-print images from CS6. Surely this can't be right? Can someone please tell me if there is a workaround on this other than re-creating a complete work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it seems like font subsitution [with one that does the job for you] may be the only solution in this case. 

neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I discovered that the culprit was a font no longer supported in Photoshop but which I had been using for over 20 years.

By @PedanticMedia

It sounds like you were using a Type1 font, and they are no longer supported, as most have long since been replaced by OpenType. Thomas Phinney warned us about this in 2005.

https://blog.typekit.com/2005/10/06/phasing_out_typ/

You are correct that Type1 fonts no longer work. Microsoft dropped support for Type 1 fonts with Office 2013 for Windows and Office 2016 for Mac.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/announcement-end-of-support-postscript-type-1-fonts.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines