• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cropping variable images

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using variables to insert images into a shape, but the images are coming through cropped. I chose the fill option, but it still happened when I chose the as is option 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill is going to fill the shape while keeping the proportions, so if the proportions are different from the shape, then the image will be cropped.

You might try Fit instead, or check that your images are the right proportion if you continue to use Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean by "cropped"? Can you post screenshot of Variables dialogue where variable is defined. 

Depending on image dimensions you may see entire image or only fraction of your image when As Is is chosen for fitting option. Do you understand what each of fitting option is doing? There are and some other important options as explained below.

Beside option to choose fitting method there are option to set Alignment and Clip to Bounding Box. Do you understand what those options are doing to placed image?

variables define.jpg

Alignment: when center is set that is instructing Photoshop to align center of image to center of rectangle with variable assigned. When top left is set that is instructing Photoshop to align top left of the image to top left of rectangle.....

Clip to Bounding Box is instructing Photoshop to delete pixels outside of rectangle or shape with assigned variable, that will effectively crop pixels sometimes what depend on method and image dimensions.

Here is my tutorial that is trying to explain fitting and alignment options with alternative to Clip to Bounding Box Easy Way to Automate Photoshop with Variables (Part 6) | DezignEasy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I unchecked clip to the box and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With Fill set as Method you can move image and reposition it after exporting or applying data set(s). Do not forget and Alignment options which can help sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines