• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS 5.1 not working on my new iMac (10/28/21)

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop was a bought 10 years ago as a disc in 2010 or 2011. It is CS5.1, I moved over all my data and PS did not work, I read that it is not going t work, I hate buy a monthly subscription that I will not use for 2-3 months, then use for 3-4 hours, then not use again. I use it to cut out the background when taking photos of my products and listing them on Amazon.com.

I wish I could copy it to an external hard drive and use it that way. 

Any help is very much appreciated. 

Kirk

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to use Photoshop CS 5.1 on your new Mac. The Legacy versions of our apps were not designed to run on the latest operating system & then haven't been tested. CS 5.1 is not compatible with macOS Catalina or higher. For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to use Photoshop CS 5.1 on your new Mac. The Legacy versions of our apps were not designed to run on the latest operating system & then haven't been tested. CS 5.1 is not compatible with macOS Catalina or higher. For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nikunj.m I do know this. So what do I do, after spending a $1,000.00 for this program over 10 years ago? What do I have to sign up for? I am not a frerquent user but when I do it can be for hours at a time. 

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best/cheapest option is the Photography plan for $9.99/month: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I bought Photoshop Elements, I created an account at Adobe, an hour later I finally get a downloaded Adobe Photoshop Element 2022, I loaded it onto my dock, I have a serial #...... it will not open up. I have done all this work, all I want to do is double click the icon in my dock and have it work. When I do I get this.... I really need help.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.58.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So $99.99 one time or $9.99 per month.  Okay now we are cooking with gas. 

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines