• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop CS4: while using crop tool, info reports wrong width and height.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an eclipse photo from a JPG from a Canon R5.  My goal is to crop out a 1800x1200 section of it, using CS4 on Windows11.

I set the crop parameters (height, width) to clear.  Edit->Preferences-->Units is Rulers: mm, and usual 300 pix/in print and 72 pix/in screen.

I move my crop tool and the W/H on the Info box is showing me... some other number, maybe 1/4 of what it should be.

My workaround was to just crop the photo (again, with cleared crop parameters) such that the moon was centered.  Then, I used Edit-->Canvas Size to shrink to 1800x1200.  Still, is this a  bug?  I'm positive this Info tool always showed pixels in the past???

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered your own question: CS4 was designed at a time when nobody could even dream of Windows 11 and no doubt those wrong values relate to UI scaling and the mouse position being mis-calculated. Other than playing around with compatibility modes and enforcing a specific screen size this likely cannot be resolved. Your version of PS is simply too old for contemporary operating systems to work without any glitches.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Exactly what do you think the word "bug" means, in relation to software from 2009, running in a modern up to date operating system - as if nothing has happened in those 14 years?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, Info, …) visible? 

Why mm and not px? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines