• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5.1 - Can't see my opened workspace [2012]

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open photoshop, the workspace won't appear. It's layers show up on the layer menu, but the image and workspace are no where to be found. Entering full screen mode freezes. If i open photoshop and delete my settings, it fixes everything, but i am getting tired of setting all my settings back up every time i do this.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

okay, just found that I can avoid restarting my computer by toggling Energy > Automatic graphics switching. Mght be worth a try if you're having trouble...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i have photoshop cs5  and when i try to open a file it doesn't show in the open document space, i have tried everything. but when i move the top of the open document the photo shows but when i leave it still it disapears i really need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

on the top left hand side where it say's mickey&jhonny that is the photo but it will not show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your settings on tabbed view and Application Frame?

Does turning off OpenGL in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

And by

i have tried everything.

you mean you have trashed the prefs etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem. The only solution I've found is to restart my computer. It definitely has nothing to do with workspace presets.

Here are my specs:

OSX 10.8.2

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too.. using a new retina MBP, and i suspect that there's a glitch handling multi monitors (i haven't had flawless dual screen performance, eg plugged in and gotten no response on the second monitor).  Restarting sorted the issue for me. 

PS doesn't seem to clever about multi monitors anyway, I've often found that fullscreen background won't extend to the bottom of the new screen when i plugin my external and i just need to restart PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, just found that I can avoid restarting my computer by toggling Energy > Automatic graphics switching. Mght be worth a try if you're having trouble...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is different. PS is opening but it will not open anything.

What should I do?

adobe-ps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled it and same problem. I can not open any photo and I can not make a new (File / New), nothing appear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my problem.

After 2 days of searching for information and with no results I say to throw an eye fo my firewall and I found that my firewall blocked the html.....exe file

Photoshop need that for the welcome screen and for file / new.

So, I decided to unblock it and after I open the PS CC, AMAZING, now it works!
File / New - working
File / Open / choose file - working

I have solved my problem.

adobe-resolved.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines