• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5.1 Log4j 1.2.15 Vulnerability

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe issue any patch or update to remediate Log4j 1.2.15 Vulnerability for the Photoshop CS5.1? According to the Tenable, my device has the Log4j vulnerability and my company's Security Department asked me to contact Adobe for any remedy. Any help/input is appreciated. Thanks!

MiMie30081908r705_1-1685094144071.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

For sure not. CS 5 support finished 5 years after release, in 2015. This vulnerability was reported 6 years after support ended, in 2021. If a company is concerned about security, a common policy is to forbid running EOL software, which will not get security fixes. 

You need the company to get you a Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure not. CS 5 support finished 5 years after release, in 2015. This vulnerability was reported 6 years after support ended, in 2021. If a company is concerned about security, a common policy is to forbid running EOL software, which will not get security fixes. 

You need the company to get you a Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I figured. Thanks for your input! But do you know if the Log4j 1.x has any legitimate concern on CS5.1? I read in many Cold Fusion posts that it was not a vulnerability for Cold Fusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's imposssible to say because (1) only Adobe ever had the internal information to check whether the vulnerability could be exploited in Photoshop and (2) Adobe are not going to devote time to doing that for an EOL product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very true. Thanks again for your replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5.1 will never be patched. It was version 12 released in 2010 and replaced by CS6 (version 13 in 2012).

The current CC version in May 2023 is v24.5

@Test Screen Name That is a very good point you make that is often not considered by those who say version (insert any very old version you want) meets their needs. It also leaves open some vulnerabilities.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this! I guess they will make me uninstall it and won't buy me a CC subscription ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines