• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Crashing Help Please :)

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, took my Macbook Pro in for a battery replacement and restored from back up on the same OS as when I took it in for the replacement. For some reason Photoshop now opens for 10-30 seconds then crashes whether I'm opening an existing file or creating a new file. Cheers for any help you could offer

Fixes I've tried.....

Allowing Photoshop to control computer in security & privacy prefs

Validating all my fonts again to check for corrupted fonts and clearing font cache

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring from backup can cause issues with software.

You can check to see if you can redownload CS5 via your Adobe ID account:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Otherwise you can contact Adobe Customer Care to assist with a direct download link with proof of purchase.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers appreciate the response! Out of interest does the crash report text in the attached image tell you anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a swift runtime error related to app memory usage. If resetting your prefs does not work, you may need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diamond very much appreciated. I created another admin account and it works with factory settings so fixed with the prefs reset. Is there anything you may be able to advise in terms of which setting/pref might be causing the crash? Just checking if there is a way to fix without resetting prefs so I don't lose all my saved logins (couple of email accounts I have no idea what the password is without it being autofilled haha). Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting Photoshop preferences should not affect your logins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got you. Sorry thought you meant system preferences on the computer rather than the program. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Hold Shift+Ctrl+Opt+Cmd on startup prior to the launch screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting pref's doesn't work (and that's the first thing to try). 
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

If still crashing, try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is CS5. There is no Multithreaded compositing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines