• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Extended Problems

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a new computer after my old one stopped working. I recently installed Photoshop CS5 Extended again. I was going to use it and re-add every swatch, gradient, style, and brush I downloaded or made, but I guess the notice about something not being compatible with older versions of Photoshop. And there's this:

Screenshot (54).png

Brush strokes came out rather pixelated and this message came up. I guess Photoshop CS5 Extended can't be used now. What should I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Did you mean 2000 by 3000 "inches" or did you want to say "pixels"? That might be your problem right there — it's a humongous file!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is your version of the operating system, your very old version of Photoshop is probably not compatible? It's time to consider upgrading to the Photography Plan which includes the latest version of Photoshop and Lightroom at a cost of around $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11. I originally had Photoshop CS5 Extended on Windows 10. I don't use Photoshop for photography, though. I use it for art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't use Photoshop for photography, though. I use it for art"

Have you ever heard of https://krita.org/en/features/highlights/ it's free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of it, but I already have Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint. I just want to be able to use Photoshop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try changing the drive for the scratch disk and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was learning about scratch disks last night. I have 384 GB free. The PC I'm using now has a maximum space of 475.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @courtneydavis12345 

Read these two help files. You need to have sufficient unused space (called "scratch disk") or Photoshop won't open. There are a couple of other solutions in addition to a second drive, so try those first. If they don't work, you will need a second drive and set it as the primary scratch disk.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-scratch-disk-is-full.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly happenling because it needs like 700 GB or more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot showing your Scratch Disk settings in Photoshop (with the other info Photoshop gives about the disks). Sometimes there's a clue there we can pick up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find scratch disk settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@courtneydavis12345 wrote:

How do I find scratch disk settings?

Directions are in those help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly happenling because it needs like 700 GB or more?

It could be more. You haven't told us the size of the images you are working on. Did you read the help files?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tends to vary. I've made pictures where the height or width can go a little over 7000. I just noticed this, however:

Screenshot (55).png

I don't believe it took anywhere near that many GB for pictures on my old Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean 2000 by 3000 "inches" or did you want to say "pixels"? That might be your problem right there — it's a humongous file!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is. It's been so long since I made a file in Photoshop, I forgot. I'll be getting a new Windows 11 PC next month with more GB, but I will remember to use pixels. Hopefully, it will be able to use Photoshop CS5 Extended, even if the software is old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@courtneydavis12345 

Can you open a file that is 3000 px by 2000 px?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can.

Hi Courtney,

Are you still getting the "scratch disks full" message, or did selecting pixels instead of inches solve this issue for you?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines