Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Qualified Graphic Cards

Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating computers to Windows 7 64bit with a new graphics card and need to know Adobe's recommended graphic cards for Photoshop CS5. Is there any information regarding this. They have them listed for Photoshop CS4. I would like to be like a good carpenter and measure twice and only cut once.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I will keep this information .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Im gonna check it out see if I can get it over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the Release Notes for the AMD/ATI Catalyst

Drivers  http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst117ReleaseNotes.aspx under the heading "Known Issues Under the Windows 7 Operating System", you will find:

"OpenGL acceleration might not be available in Photoshop CS5"

and

"Image rotation might not function correctly in Photoshop CS5."

These "Known Issues" have existed since early this year; I am running the Catalyst Drivers from 12/2010, which work just fine.

In other words there are incompatabilities in the AMD drivers and have been for over 6 months. AMD seems to be in no great hurry to fix the problems or support Photoshop.

It pays to read the documentation before you install new drivers or purchase equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bgelfand wrote:

These "Known Issues" have existed since early this year; I am running the Catalyst Drivers from 12/2010, which work just fine.

In other words there are incompatabilities in the AMD drivers and have been for over 6 months. AMD seems to be in no great hurry to fix the problems or support Photoshop.

They've already been fixed as of version 11.5 (been there, tested that).  They've just neglected to remove the issues from the release notes.

You really do want to try the current version - Catalyst 11.7.  It's a good, solid release.

And, as you imply, the older drivers are always still available.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines