• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Trial Runtime Error

New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Photoshop CS5 trial without any problems, however when i attempt to load the application a box appears stating:

Runtime Error. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it it an unusual way.

I have not been able to load photoshop a single time.

I'm running Windows Vista 64bit, i'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Please help me to trouble shoot this problem! I have searched the net for answers without any luck.

Thanks in Advance to anyone whom can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have the same error on Windows Vista 32bits

And i got the same error trying to run Flash CS5 also.

I already tried everything that i could do : dowloaded the  installations  files again,re-installed Vista ,re-installed Visual C++,tried to install CS5 programs in XP, updated my system ,etc....

It seems that the problem would be with Intel Core  2Quad,because i have this processor in my computer too and all you guys have the same processor,am i right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you are right: fmk090

Mine is Intel Core  2Quad too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is : if the problem is really in the processor Intel 2Quad, i figured  out this  just reading the forums for  various CS5 programs.

I already had talked to Adobe staff  and even  had my computer manipulated remotely by them,but i got just silly questions and ridiculous answers.

It seems that they think that are dealing only with computer beginners.This is why i am inserting posts here , it was  a waste of time to talk with Adobe staff.

Until now ,nobody  asked me about the hardware in my computer.It seems that they are not looking for if we have something in common in order to get a solution  for a lot of  persons with the exactly same problem.

They keep asking if i had  updated drivers  for my video board ,updated windows,etc.For advanced computer users these things are TRIVIAL. Things that we perfectly know  that  we MUST    do anyway .

For what i had read in forums i think that most of the guys who put posts here are not beginners.

So ....PLEASE if someone  of Adobe staff is reading this post  i would suggest just really test the CS5 programs  in various platforms instead of wasting our time asking us for this or that.Adobe can  perfectly buy different computers with different processors.

I have spent too much time trying to get running CS5 programs .For me (and another guys) it takes many hours just re-installing OS and putting it to run  with all the programs that i use.

JUST RESPECT OUR TIME.THIS IS SERIOUS,NOT A JOKE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt that this is caused by the processor. When processors break you get blue screens and the like, not runtime errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then all the guys having the same unsucessfully  result with the same processor is just a coincidence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were the processor then this wouldn't be reported only by ~5 people. This is how a processor related error thread looks like: Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d). That's when dealing with a 7-10 year old processor and that wasn't the only thread that appeared about that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 persond here, Photoshop forum,what about Flash,Dreamweaver,the whole CS5 suite forums .Also, in the case that you have not  noticed in the last 3 years,we had a big monetary recession  in a planet called EARTH.And what generation of Intel processors were sold exactly in this period?Would not be  a big surprise if we find out that Intel 2Quad were sold much less that was expected or much less than others processors.

In average,i am talking about normal persons who use computers (teachers,psychologists, students,etc..).How many persons ,lets say in a million,really deal with build something in flash.How many persons between the ones that use flash are too busy,and dont have time to waste in something so weird like this problem.

How long ago Adobe started to sell CS5 programs,1 year? 2 years?or just about 3 months ago?Windows 7 started to be sold much more time ago than CS5 and i dont know so many persons who are using this OS yet.

Would not be even a slight possibility that only persistent guys are posting here?And like i had said before ,is it  just coincidence that users with the same processor  are having the same problem?Doesnt even worth to Adobe to lead some search in this.

WHO ARE YOU?It is written  Community professional but Are you some employee in the Adobe Company?

In the case of a positive answer:

They really tested those programs in these Processor?

LIke in MAC Leopard ,it seems that them didnt even tested the programs in that enviroment.WHAT?WHY NOT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh

Jim's iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just user pawns in the Adobe game of life. If a responder works for Adobe the word Employee would under their posting name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End of conversation

Thank you

Bye

Jim's iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bothered to look I wasn't responding to you. bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i said, it's most likely a coincidence that the same processor family was involved or do you really think that there are that many people will shell out a couple hundred on a Photoshop upgrade while using ancient hardware? Running CS5 on a Athlon XP today would be like upgrading to Photoshop 7 while still using a 100Mhz Pentium1 back in 2002. Also, if this truly were a processor error then the Core2Duo processors would also be affected as the C2Q is just two C2D dies glued together.

As for the testing, i don't know what systems adobe has to test with as i don't work for them but there were a few thousand people in the CS5 beta and there were people who using both Core 2 Quads and the beta or RC of windows7.

If you'll check the thread more closely you'll notice that the OP figured out that a file called MSVCR90.dll was causing this which is connected to MS Visual C++ stuff. Did you also check your Event Viewer to see what file caused your error before saying that it's a CPU malfunction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it because we are in the "Trial" subject so not enough attention being paid by Adobe staff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have already purchased Photoshop CS5 upgrade, and Adobe really tried to resolve this problem, but unfortunately  they couldn't. They paid back the money.

According to them it is definaitely hardware related problem. It is obvious, because when I restored the whole partition (sector by sector), in to  another machine, CS5 works fine. All the files are the same (including .dll's).

I don't know, whether they have given up to resolve this problem or not. I hope, not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what do we do to resolve the issue, if you know what is causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Windows XP Event Manager. The problem will be listed there is greater detail. Post what you find here so we can take a look at it.

I can tell that working on peoples computers the Update from SP2 to SP3 sometimes gets botched due to a number of reasons. Windows XP is not the best for stability. It picks up a lot of junk and keeps it. Best bet is to take your computer into a computer repair shop and ask them to burn a copy of Windows XP with SP3 on it. The store will have to look at the lable on your computer to verify you have a legal copy of Windows. Most shops will burn a copy for like $5. Take this disk home, back up your files and nuke the hard drive. Do a fresh install of Windows XP SP3 and enter the serial number off the sticker on the computer. You will find that after install another 100 or so updates will show up. Don't forget to install the motherboard drivers including the "chipset" drivers. Also check the website where the computer was bought from (or if home made the maker of the motherboard) and look for a bios update. A lot of people don't update their Bios or know how to. Bios updates fixes a lot of issues.

A fresh install of XP makes a world of difference.

Another simple trick for XP users to to delete what is in the prefetch folder. Windows XP does not purge this folder so after a while stuff no longer on the computer will pile up. XP will look for this removed stuff and sometimes not finding it causes system wide problems. So delete the contents, reboot and let it rebuild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I got everything working, I'm down to two drivers that conflict with CS5 but I"m pretty sure it's the Winodws Management Instrumentation that causes the runtime error.

I went through all the services in the system configuration utility and systematically ran groups of drives (after unchecking everything) until I was down to two, the one mentioned and I still haven't turned Portable Media Serial Number Service back on yet, but I don't think that is the issue. I just got tired of rebooting this machine, but with those two checked CS5 would not run and with them unchecked it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Microsoft site offers free online tools that may help. Different scanners you can run depending on the issue that will fix most common problems. Might work and save you some time.

http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's it going to scan, the conflict caused by the Windows Management Instrumentation driver? and what more time is it going to save me (after spending hours loading drivers, rebooting and trying CS5 until I found that it was this item in services that was causing the problem). Will your link help fix what ever it is so that I can run that service or driver? Without it checked I don't get the runtime error message any longer and CS5 runs fine. Do I want to take a chance messing with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looked at the program associated with the link you supplied and it has nothing to do with the errors I was getting and wouldn't have helped with my issue, but thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So kepela1, you do get the problem fixed?

What did you do? any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***well, I got everything working,  I'm down to two drivers that conflict with CS5 but I"m pretty sure it's  the Winodws Management Instrumentation that causes the runtime error.

I  went through all the services in the system configuration utility and  systematically ran groups of drives (after unchecking everything) until I  was down to two, the one mentioned and I still haven't turned Portable  Media Serial Number Service back on yet, but I don't think that is the  issue. I just got tired of rebooting this machine, but with those two  checked CS5 would not run and with them unchecked it does.***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running a 4 core AMD and just wtarted having this problem today with Photoshop only. All the other programs are fine. Can someone come out with a solution. PS has been running on my system egreat for 2-3 months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lindy, you'll likely get a better response if you start your own thread.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines