• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6 not opening in Mac OS Mojave

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Creative Suite CS6 which I purchased quite some time ago and which I started to use recently as I regularly use CS4. My Photoshop CS6 suddenly did not open, giving me a error message; "Could not complete your request because of a program error", while I was using outside of the place of my residency. Could it have anything to do with it? 

Subsequently, my Illustrator CS6 did not open either--after I returned home-- giving me other message; "The localized resourse files of this application could not be loaded. Please reinstall or repair the application and try again."

What can I do to solve these problems. Please let me know. As I can not work without them, I appreciate the answer as soon as possible.

Thanks much in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reinstall as indicated? Sounds like your current install is corrupted somehow.

If for some reason you do not have your original install DVDs, if you properly registered the programs, you should still be able to download installers for your CS6 from adobe.com account.

Otherwise, there's nothing in these messages that has any "quick" answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happen the same with me .... quit the program and message error .... I think they want to buy the new version paying monthly .... and I spend more than 1,200 buying both software ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@andrea Schnell wrote:

happen the same with me .... quit the program and message error .... I think they want to buy the new version paying monthly .... and I spend more than 1,200 buying both software ....

You didn't say your macOS version, but CS6 does not work on Catalina and later due to changes in macOS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

You can continue using it on older hardware and an older macOS that supports CS6. Here are the requirements for CS6:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-system-requirements.html

If you want to use a new Mac and new macOS, then you need to upgrade your software.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines