• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 and Mac Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 just had an update but it didn't fix the compatibility with Mac Sierra.

Photoshop crashes whenever you try to do anything.

Is there going to be an update from Adobe to resolve this issue???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

CS6 did not just have an update, not will it to address this.  It has been unsupported for a while now and there are hundreds of posts on this forum explaining the same.

Mac OS Sierra will not work with Photoshop CS6, both companies note that it is not recommended or supported in the current MacOS.

You have two choices, you can either downgrade your OS to a compatible Mac OS for CS6, or upgrade your software to CC which is built for Sierra.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with High Sierra.

You can just install 2017-001 alongside with newer java.

Pobierz - Java dla OS X 2015-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the java update and some of the other ideas on the page but have had no luck. This is really freaking annoying. Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I am running Production Premium CS6 on my MacBook Pro with High Sierra.  Everything was working except Premiere Pro.  It wouldn't open and quit unexpectedly every time.  I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, I tried to remove all instances of Java, but none of it worked.  I checked my CUDA drivers to see if they were up to date and they weren't.  Once I updated them and tried to open Pr, it finally worked!  Hope that helps someone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate Thank you so much Made it work i was getting a little annoyed till i saw this you are a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription is not for me, Its a costly for my personal use. I am not doing to business with the software. So as a home user, I won't be recovering the cost. I would like to use the software for my hobby and not be worried about having to pay every month. I love adobe product. Based on updates from the forum, I will stick with CS6. if not supported then, unfortunately, have to search for some other software in market to cater my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using Photoshop CS6 with Sierra for about a year with no problems. Recently, I upgraded the operating system to High Sierra. I’ve come across a little glitch today. When I try to save a TIFF as a JPEG using Save As and selecting the Format as JPEG, the file name doesn’t always appear with the extension changed from .tif to .jpg. It appears the compression takes place, judging by the decrease in resulting file size. Probably it’s only a matter of the file name having the wrong extension, which can be changed manually. But I don't like it. Anybody encounter this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe software older than the Creative Cloud (CC) versions are not officially supported on macOS 10.13 High Sierra. ... Based on some quick tests I did, Adobe applications before CS6 do not run as smoothly as they did in earlier versions of macOS/OS X. The CS3–CS5 applications seem particularly risky to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have a bootable installer of the version of MacOS (or Mac OS X ) you want to revert to, you are all set to install the older version of the Mac operating system. Note that this will involve erasing your startup drive, so make a backup of anything you don't want to lose first. Notepad++  Malwarebytes FileZilla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, not sure I'm writing in the right place, I'm new to this forum and couldnt figure out how to start a new topic 🙂

I'm looking into buying a refubished MacBook Pro 2017 or later model, and would like to know if I could still install an older operating system like El Capitan on it, so that my Photoshop CS6 can still work on it. I see from many posts here that it is possible to get Photoshop CS6 run on later systems, but not sure I can do all the technical turnarounds on my own...I learn these things quickly, I just havent had the time to play with my Mac more in depth. Any help, advice or guidance on this matter, is fully appreciated!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I loyally upgraded Photoshop for many years cost many hundreds if not thousands of dollars, I personally will never pay monthly to access Photoshop online. Instead I set up an older "late 2013 iMac" with High Sierra 10.13.6 installed. And utilizing the last upgrade of Photoshop 13.0.6 x 64 extended. And this has been working without issue for years now. The Mac has been upgraded with a faster and larger SSD drive and 32 gigs of memory. If Adobe ever returns to a path of upgrading again i would be happy to purchase Photoshop for my M2 Macs until then I'm happy with my current setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your choice, but you have incorrect information. Photoshop is not "accessed online". In fact, it works precisely as it always has, installed on your machine and files saved to your machine. Cloud saving is entirely optional.

The only difference is that you pay per month and the license is verified on line. You only have to connect once every 30 days to verify the license. The total cost over, say, a ten year period is now less than it was with perpetual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated, but I do have one question. If I for whatever reason was unable or decided not to pay the monthly fee for a month or two do I lose access to Photoshop or am I still able to use the current version. With the old system if I decided to delay an upgrade for a week or even a month or two I could still use the current version. I realize that $20 a month is not a huge amount to some ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan is $10 a month and includes Lightroom. If you sign up for a year, and you miss a payment, it will keep working for 99 days - albeit with reminders and nag screens - before it shuts down.

On the other hand, all upgrades are included. You can stay current at no extra cost. Or you can skip upgrades and keep using what you have.

And you have to see that monthly payment in perspective. Everything is subscription nowadays. How and how much do you pay for your phone? internet? TV? Netflix? Or electricity for that matter? It's all drawn from your account, and if you stop paying, it shuts down after a while. This is modern life, like it or not.

Subscription has dramatically lowered the entrance threshold, and effectively ended piracy. There's just very little market for it anymore. The user base has exploded many times over. Subscription has been a monumental success for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! All i could find was a link to Adobes website charging $19.99 a month can you link the $10 a month plan? thanks.

I agree everything seems to have moved over to drip feed  "monthly payments" which is why i cancelled my TV subs and switched to streaming. I can now download onto my DVR hundreds of films and programs and just pay one months subscription. Again thank for the info and please send me the $10 link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is. There's 20GB cloud storage for $10, or 1TB for $20. But you don't need cloud storage, do you? I know I don't - I've never used as much as a kB of it.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?filter=photography&plan=individual 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thank you, you are right i dont need cloud at all as i have more than enough storage in my office and at work. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines