• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 and Mac Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 just had an update but it didn't fix the compatibility with Mac Sierra.

Photoshop crashes whenever you try to do anything.

Is there going to be an update from Adobe to resolve this issue???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

CS6 did not just have an update, not will it to address this.  It has been unsupported for a while now and there are hundreds of posts on this forum explaining the same.

Mac OS Sierra will not work with Photoshop CS6, both companies note that it is not recommended or supported in the current MacOS.

You have two choices, you can either downgrade your OS to a compatible Mac OS for CS6, or upgrade your software to CC which is built for Sierra.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 did not just have an update, not will it to address this.  It has been unsupported for a while now and there are hundreds of posts on this forum explaining the same.

Mac OS Sierra will not work with Photoshop CS6, both companies note that it is not recommended or supported in the current MacOS.

You have two choices, you can either downgrade your OS to a compatible Mac OS for CS6, or upgrade your software to CC which is built for Sierra.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

But I just did have an update for Photoshop CS6 that installed.

I don't want to pay per month, I've got another software I've been using which has been pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattk74932916  wrote

Ok, thanks.

But I just did have an update for Photoshop CS6 that installed.

Which update?

It may have been recent for you but 13.0.1.1 was the last CS6 update issued in 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect.  Photoshop CS6 does work on Sierra.  I have an iMac 27" late 2013 with 8 gigs of ram.  No issues whatsoever.  I am a professional designer and photographer and on Photoshop each and every day for 6-8 hours and no crashes whatsoever. I was not even prompted to install java or anything else.  Photoshop CS6 may no longer be supported by Adobe but it is not an issue for my use and projects. My original purchase was Adobe CS6 Standard and was downloaded from Adobe. The cost was approximately $1300.  I have the .dmg file saved and routinely install after system upgrades. No Issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Master Collection CS6 software, system updates from OS X 10.9 Mavericks and everything works. Soon the High Sierra version will appear and the apfs file system will be changed. I'm afraid of upgrading to APFS because I'm reading in forums that the CS6 package will not work and returning to HFS + is very difficult. Would it be cool if someone knew if it was worth upgrading to apfs or not? Maybe you can upgrade to High Sierra, but stay with HFS +, because in case of HDD is possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i understand it, the new Apple File System is only used if the user has an ssd and then the user still has a choice to use the legacy HFS+.

Users with sata or fusion drives would get the legacy HFS+

As far as i know, and adobe will probably issue a KB at or around the time High Sierra is released, apple is using an non case sensitive version of the Apple File System, so adobe applications should work, though there are bound to be glitches and incompatibility with the operating system itself and perhaps worse with older software like cs6, but who really knows until users get the final release version of High Sierra.

https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upgraded to MacOS High Sierra all systems with all storage configurations are converted automatically. Hard disk systems (HDDs) and Fusion drives will not convert to APFS.

For HDD or Fusion Drive, upgrading the file system to APFS will be optional. As far as I know, that is not necessary, but it is possible. I am very interested in the question is whether Adobe CS6 will work with apfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... the question is whether Adobe CS6 will work with apfs:

mattk74932916 wrote:

I now have High Sierra installed and Photoshop CS6 is now working!!!!!!!!

mattk74932916     08.06.2017 21:39

Yes, beta

APFS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... the question is whether Adobe CS6 will work with apfs, again:

On my MBA the CS6 apps (installed years ago, don't know if the installer still runs) are working fine with 10.13 & apfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch disks for the time being must be HFS+ only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 and had no problems installing CS6 Design Standard.  Just follow Adobe's workaround instructions.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

However, I'm hesitant to upgrade to High Sierra like most anyone else with Solid State Drive.

Edit: Added correct link to workaround from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,
I have a problem with my Adobe CS6 package, which I also many years bought and installed. I was wondering if you could help me getting back my Illustrator? (my absolute favorite) I accidentally deleted it from my computer and when I look up in Adobes forum about this I run my head against the wall.  Last time a guy from India wanted me to download something and pay him money for the download..

I have done as former posts recommend; Log-ind and click the small box for downloading Illustrator on my computer, but right before it comes up with an "Error number xx" (can't remember it right now). Do you know if it is completely impossible to get it back? I installed in on my old mac and then this mac - so i used my 2 downloads. But the system must be able to see that it's the same computer?
Do you have any suggestions?
Sorry I write directly to you, but I find it very difficult, no - impossible to reach any help from any Adobe-employee. A lot of money spent on not being able to use the program.
Kindest,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the Illustrator CS6 installer files from here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Mac OS Sierra will not work with Photoshop CS6, both companies note that it is not recommended or supported in the current MacOS.

You have two choices, you can either downgrade your OS to a compatible Mac OS for CS6, or upgrade your software to CC which is built for Sierra".

I beg to differ.  I upgraded to H.S. from Yosemite a couple of weeks ago.  I've done a lot of testing with PS SC6, and so far the only thing that doesn't work on H.S. is Camera Raw.  That was my fault, since I hadn't done due diligence and checked before the upgrade.  Apparently CS6 Camera Raw is only supported as far as Sierra.  I'll be booting back to Yosemite to use Camera Raw CS6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR is only supported as far as 9.1.1 in CS6 and I just checked, it does work in HS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw works in Photoshop CS6 under High Sierra 10.13.3.

I have two 2TB SSDs on a mid-2012 MBP. No HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. CS6 works in Sierra perfectly, including Photoslop. With the exception of After Effects. The work around is to use an older version of After Defects like 4 which boots fine and jolly. ( As we all know Mac and Adobe are sworn enemies each looking to undermine the other...) I was worned of upgrading the Mac OSX to anything later than 10.12.6 Another abaondoned step child deserted by it's father, is the morePROFESSIONAL EDITING SYSTEM FINAL CUT PRO 7. Not the cheesoid version of of the old MAC MOVIE for Grandma masquarading as Final Cut X... (The X being the 2 slashing cuts you mac on your wrists after you are tricked into abandoning the only true pro-grade anything Lord Master Apple ever produced.)  Final Cut 7 used still used by more Hollywood producers than the ancient Media Composer (A system I used for 10 years), kicked every ones sensibilities, and had every devoloper and his brother writing prograde software to enhance this wonderful software based entity. No more buying $60,000 Avid/Digi hardware. What a relief to finally get the facile program I and most working editors were so flad to see.  In my facility we quickly developed a second nature, quikly developing an intuitive understanding of its elegant and pro - minded interface... BUT APPLE SELLS PHONE NOW, and orphaned the finest editing sytem in the world, once supported by all the big names in "plug-in" manufacture. Then came the horror of "Grandma's" upgraded I-Movie - Final Crap X. Doodoo deluxe!. Few decent third party pluguns, an opaque confusing interface, and a host developers smelled the coffee and abandoned this obvious "play to the consumer market." So lads, if you don't want to oprphan the last working pro editing system under $100,000, keep an older powerful Mac with 10.12.6 osx and carry on like the professionals I know you are!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update for OSX is this: Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 13.0.6 update for CS6

Check Help > System Info to see what your current version is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only on 13.0.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed Legacy Java? Download Java for OS X 2015-001 It does help some Adobe products.

Legacy Java in Sierra | Apple Developer Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  don't know if you work using windows or tabs, but see if using tabs does not fix it.

CS6 not working on Sierra - please help! |Official Apple Support Communities

You can go over this list to isolate third party plugins, utilities, and fonts.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

If that goes nowhere, uninstall, use the Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

and get a fresh CS6 installer from here: Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

You will have to install using Terminal, since Sierra can't directly run the installer.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)  If you still get nowhere, then it's either downgrade to 10.11 or upgrade to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have High Sierra installed and Photoshop CS6 is now working!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines