• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Brush pressure sensitivity not working on the Microsoft Surface Pro.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2013 Feb 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro in anticipation of running Photoshop on it.  I installed Photoshop and tried to do some sketches.  I created a new file and started sketching.  I Immediately felt like something was wrong.  I checked my brush settings and saw the pressure sensitivity was not available.  Everytine I tried to turn it on it was marked with an exclamation point. 

Does anybody know if Adobe is supporting the new pressure sensitive pen from microsoft, or if there is some sort of setting that I am missing?  I have tried sketchbook pro 2011, and that works amazingly well with the pen.  I hope someone can help me along here, because if this tablet can truely run photoshop, it would be a Game Changer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Microsoft is aware of the problem with their driver software.

Many other applications (not just Adobe's) are also affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Genius for driver updates to fix the driver bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download latest driver from wacom. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Pro 3, and was also having this issue. I found that downloading the latest touch pen drivers from N-Trig and playing with the Photoshop settings as chatid00 outlined in their post, has fixed this issue for me. Very happy, much design.

Photoshop and Illustrator CS6, Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

armoredkoi,

I have the exact same setup as you do.  But, I've found that while installing the latest N-trig driver does allow me to enable the pen pressure in Photoshop CS6 I now have  a bigger problem.  It seems that I can no longer draw any clean straight lines at all.  On both ends of every stroke I'm getting an "L" shaped hook.  Are you noticing this at all?  It's easiest to see when using the pencil tool with a small diameter (e.g., size 2 or 3).  And, I'm seeing this whether or not I enable the pen pressure.  If I uninstall the new N-Trig driver everything goes back to normal where I can draw straight lines but can't enable the pen pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this happen to me recently after installing the wintab driver for my Surface Pro 4, have you come up with any solutions for the "L" hook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the brush options there is one named transfer... activate that with Pen Pressure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say thank you all so much for the info in this thread. I was having the same problem with Illustrator and Photoshop pressure sensitivity not working with my wacom. I downloaded the latest drivers and Voila! problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you with the Surface Pro 3 and trying to run Photoshop CS6...watch out for this problem:

Surface Pro 3 + Photoshop CS6 + Latest N-trig Driver = TOTAL FAILURE!!!...or is it just me???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , i'm issue it not works . but i download old version to driver wacom . i use wacom intuos CTL , i not download on version new update . i download version 6.3.6 then working for me . Legacy Drivers | Wacom  << choose gadget and windows os

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Photoshop CS6 on my HP Spectre x360. After doing some research I was able to download the Wintab driver for the Surface Pro 3 and use it on your HP spectre. Install and restart photoshop and it should hopefully work for you too -

Download - Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip

Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Good luck,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I connect my Pc and my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 together with Splashtop software. Everything is ok, butif I want to use my Ps Cs6 CC on my Surface Pro I cant use my Surface pro pen to drawing!!!! Do nothing!!!!!!

I installed the Wintab 64 to my Pc and to my Surface Pro to, but the problem is same. I cant use my Surface Pro with my Pc Photoshop:(!!!!

Why?!!! What can I do? Somebody can help me with this issue? Or in this way its not possible to use Surface Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally Microsoft solve the problem with WinTab drivers

Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

(All current software, firmware, and drivers for the Surface Pro 4; including optional WinTab drivers.)

Wintab_x32_1.0.0.20.zip

Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines