• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 crashes immediately on launch, after power failure

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CS6 extended for Mac, was working fine, then there was a power failure, after that it crashes immediately when I try to launch the program. I can't open the app at all. Tech support wont help me, becuase CS6 support reached end of life, said to post here.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try holding down Cmd+Opt+Shift as you start Photoshop. The timing is a bit tricky but you should get a dialogue asking if you want to delete the Photoshop Settings file. Do that and it will build a new one on starting.

Hopefully that will get you in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, It didn't work, one time for a half second I think it shwoed a dialog about deleting the settings, but then crashed immediately before I could click it. After that it just crashes immediately, don't even get to see that. Are there some files in the Library I can delete (Preferences, Application support, etc) that will accomplish the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dr Cliff11 

If you have trouble with the timing, try this method that is Mac-only:

• Quit Photoshop if open
  • Press and hold Ctrl+Cmd+Opt+Shift and keep holding down all four keys
  • Click the PS icon in the Dock and choose Open from the shortcut menu
  • When the dialog comes up to asking to delete preferences, release the four keys and confirm

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can't get the reset dialog you can go to Macintosh HD/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences

and trash the following

Adobe photoshop CS6 Settings folder

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Paths

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

Also this may sound obvious, but i've had to restart some computers after power failures to get everything back up to snuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines