Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs6 creative suite 6 standard

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
So, I bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Mac in English but have changed to PC/Windows.
Can I still get instructions and download links for PC platfrom? Which department to ask? Can't find any contact possibilty.
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

This is not possible and at this point all activation for CS6 is being phased out. Short of signing up for CC you have no options if you want to stick with Adobe.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible and at this point all activation for CS6 is being phased out. Short of signing up for CC you have no options if you want to stick with Adobe.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6 is neither supported or sold any longer, so if you purchased it recently you more than likely where sold a pirated copy, the serial number is for the MAC version and cannot be use for the Windows version, also Adobe have stopped the OS licence transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Studio27926472t8hz 

In addition to what others have said, this was possible in the past only for the current version. Once a new version was released, you could only switch for that version, not for earlier versions. I switched in CS3 for $5. CS6 is an older version and exchanges are not available for it.

When Creative Cloud came out in 2013 with the subscription plans, it was no longer necessary to have a Mac or Windows version. Since then, you can still activate on two computers, but they can be the same platform or one Mac and one PC. 

Your only viable choice now if you want to continue using Photoshop is to subscribe. There is a Photography plan (annual) with 20 gb storage, payable at $9.99 per month or in a lump sum. There is a 7-day free trial that rolls into a subscription if you forget to cancel. Scroll down to find the correct plan.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Or you can try Photoshop Elements 2023 (perpetual license). It has a 30-day trial. The link to the trial is near the bottom.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you forum for your information.

To whom it may concern -> Adobe management.
So, I paid EUR 1.662 (!!) excluding VAT for the CS suite and another app that Adobe stopped supporting 2 months later! And I had a lot of issues with properly using the expensive software.
No, I have NOT had my moneys worth here and I did not get any offer for a refund and switch to the cloud subscriptions.

Expressing my gratitude to Adobe for selling outdated software and rudely phasing out all possibilties. Your customer service and support exceed expectations indeed. My last compliment is for your "contact" button on your website. Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you purchase CS6? As stated previously, this version has not been sold (legally) for a number of years, so if you purchased recently then you most like have a pirated copy or worse malware. CS6 was discontinued back in 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought it via the official Adobe store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Creative Cloud was introduced in 2013, current CS6 users were offered incentives to convert to Creative Cloud from Creative Suite with enough notice that CS6 would be the last perpetual version made available by Adobe. While many did not take advantage of this, it was still offered. You could still use CS6 without any issues for years after its end of support, but now 9 years later you cannot switch OS versions.

If you had issues using the software, have you reached out previously for support to assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the incentive and how was it offered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That offer was available 10 years ago not recently. It was sent via email to registered users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Studio27926472t8hz wrote:

So, I paid EUR 1.662 (!!) excluding VAT for the CS suite and another app that Adobe stopped supporting 2 months later!

Expressing my gratitude to Adobe for selling outdated software

I'm confused. Are you saying that Adobe sold you outdated software? Did you buy CS6 Design Standard when it was current or after it was outdated?

CS6 (perpetual license) was released in May 2012, and shortly thereafter was also released with a subscription. I first bought the perpetual license and then bought the subscription when it was available. In 2013 the first version of Creative Cloud was released.

You can continue using your copy of CS6 for macOS for as long as you like as long as you keep it installed on a Mac and macOS that supports it. What you can't do is exchange it for the Windows version. 

Adobe has shut down some of the older activation servers — I haven't heard that CS6 has been shut down yet. If you want to keep using it, keep it installed on your old Mac and don't update the OS. It will continue working until one part of the system breaks down.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed platforms. Hence my questions for PC instructions and download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated, a platform change is longer an option

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

2023-01-13 16_44_14-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was already clear to me that 1/ I paid a hefty amount for a product that became immediately outdated after purchase 2/ I got lously customer support and service and no offer nor incentive (what, how?) nor refund 3/ Adobe thinks it delivered duely to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Studio27926472t8hz you have yet to tell us when you purchased CS6. If you bought this back in 2013, you have gotten years of service out of it. It did not become "outdated" by any means and users are still using it today.

You are complaining about a situation that occurred 10 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I have 1.662 (ex vat) points to talk about this and ask for a platform change in order to continue using part of the software until I get to a feeling of moneys worth / investment break-even.

I conclude that you think that Adobe duly delivered to me. I differ.
At least it is clear now that I can not get instructions nor download links. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to discuss with Adobe Customer Support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Kevin very succintly points out: Assuming you bought this in 2013 or 2014 - anything later and you have pirated software - you've had many years of service and more than your money's worth.

Until you tell us when you bought it, the jury is out on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all the honorable judges already in agreement. 
I just tried to download my order and invoice but it is no longer available. Not my fault. I plead not guilty.
Sorry, I can not give details on the exact date.

I followed this link but it gets me nowhere : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-install-instructions.html
I do not see my history order and can't get access to my invoice. But I have my license key. I tried to re-register but the system will not allow it. However it says 'this serial number is already in use' hence confirming that it is legit.
So even if I do consider replacing my crashed Mac, I will not be able to re-active and continue using part of the software, due to non available download link.

No PC link, no Mac link, not my monies worth here........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still contact Adobe Customer Care and ask them to reset your activation count. That is all they can do. They can't help with new activations, but removing the history of previous activations will allow you to still install on your older Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can't.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html
https://adminconsole.adobe.com/

We're sorry.

You don't seem to have access to the Adobe Admin Console. If you think you should, please contact your system administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the link I sent. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/contact.html and sign in (top right).

Click the chat bubble on the lower right to speak with an Agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How odd, no chat bubble on my PC. I'm quite tired now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines