Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 doesn't show page, tools or anything

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Still using CS6 and it's worked fine until a few hours ago. Now, when I open Photoshop the header shows up like it opened, but nothing else. no tools, no image or page.

Worked fine a few days ago, and really added or did nothing that should affect it. Reinstalled it twice, no luck. Any ideas?

The file I downloaded is Photoshop open and you see this message in the background.

FWIW, Illustrator and Indesign work fine.

Larryo

MacBook Pro OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you use the menus, such as File > New or File > Open?

If not, try resetting preferences. This is not the same as uninstall / install.

Quit PS, then:

• Press and hold Ctrl+Cmd+Opt+Shift and do not release
  • Launch PS from the Dock
  • When you get an alert asking to reset Prefs, release the four keys and choose yes/okay/proceed (sorry, I don't remember the word)

Here is the help file, but it also includes newer methods:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

THAT WORKED1 Thanks much, and it was really a simple solution.... spent hours trying to fix it and your solution took a few minutes and worked fine. Shut down and re opened a few times and worked fine.

MUCH appreciated.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @WindsLarry , I'm happy to help. 😊

I also want to mention that the aging activation servers were taken down a couple of years ago for CS2, CS3, and CS4, so in the future check here before you try the uninstall / reinstall again, as you may or may not be able to reactivate CS6 in the future. It also won't work if you upgrade your OS, so keep High Sierra and your current hardware.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

Thanks again.

I've heard that the Mac OS 10.14: Mojave will work fine with CS6. Is that not correct? I was planning to upgrade to that because I have some software that won't work and High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane,

Thanks again.

I've heard that the Mac OS 10.14: Mojave will work fine with CS6.

By @WindsLarry

You're welcome again!

I don't know about Mojave. I found this for System Requirements for CS6:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Mac OS

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 3, 4, 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X v10.8 or v10.9 when installed on Intel-based systems.**
  • 1 GB of RAM
  • 2 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB (1 GB recommended) of VRAM
  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • This software doesn't operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.

† Phone activation is not available.

You might ask in a new thread if Photoshop CS6 will run in Mojave, as it might get buried in this thread. Another volunteer may know.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting preferences and restarting your computer doesn't work, you may need to perform a clean re-installation of CS6 after running the Adobe CC Cleaner tool.   It works with legacy CS products, too.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your user id Photoshop Preferences. These are not removed, deleted or installed  during the un install and install of Photoshop.  These are created the first time user run a new version of Photoshop. So your old CS6 Photoshop preferences may be corrupt.  Photoshop may not work correctly with your corrupted Preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines