• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 opening photos in a black window upper left screen with only 1/4 of the image showing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 opening photos in a black window upper left screen with only 1/4 of the image showing.  Has never happened before, attempted restart the computer and photoshop a few times.  Attempted to open different file types.  All same results  I am running CS6 on windows 10.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

I found the issue was having both GPUs, I unplugged the monitor from the GPU HDMI and plugged it in the NVIDIA slot and it resolved the issue.  Thank you everyone for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I went into preferences--> performance--> Detected graphics processor and unchecked the GP NVIDIA.  It resolved the issue, but I need the graphics processor to edit.  I updated my windows OS, updated the NVIDIA, restarted everything.  Problem is still occuring when I add the graphics processer on CS6 preferences.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Studio driver?

Which graphics card and driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the studio drivier, I did have the gaming driver previously for years.  I called NVIDIA today and support told me to switch to studio.  I have the GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 card, and NVIDIA Studio Driver Version 516.94

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a laptop or desktop that most likely also has an integrated graphics processor (Intel for example) in addition to your discrete Nvidia graphics?

One or the other needs to be switched off so photoshop is only trying to use one graphics processor and not both which causes issues like your seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a desktop with  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8086K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s).  Not sure if it includes an integrated graphics processor.  

How would I be able to switch off the intel processor to allow the NVIDIA to work with photoshop?  Would the diffrernece be noticible if I only use the Intel processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop cs6 go to Help>System Info and see if two gpus are listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one is listed:

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.
Video Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Video Card Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

Just re-installed photoshop as well, still same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try:

Reset the photoshop cs6 preferences by going to

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6

and deleting the

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings folder

(first move any saved workspaces out of Workspaces so you

can put them back after the preference reset)

Then in photoshop go to Help>Updates and see if you can get the 13.0.1.3 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the settings folder but unfortunately did not work.  

the updates under help is non clickable, tried to search the update but could not find a way to install 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the issue was having both GPUs, I unplugged the monitor from the GPU HDMI and plugged it in the NVIDIA slot and it resolved the issue.  Thank you everyone for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines