• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs6 permanent free trial?

Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need an help to understand about adobe photoshop cs6 with these instructions I've found in a photoshop designs tools site. It says it's possible to use adobe photoshop cs6 in a computer and have  a permanent free working version on pc.

1. Completely free download and use of the full desktop version of Adobe XD for Windows or Mac. XD stands for “Experience Design,” and is Adobe’s popular all-in-one UX/UI solution to quickly design websites, mobile apps, and more. With the new Starter Plan, you absolutely get Adobe XD for free – and not a temporary trial version, but a permanently-working version.

But if you read the tutorial 's explanation above, it says that it's possible to have a permanently working version and have to get adobe xD for free (but the adobe XD says that i need a credit card and trial last 7 days. I don't have credit card and I need just the trial version... if i use the trial adobe XD free version, then , can I use the permanent photoshop even after 30 days?

I'm asking this because, I was trying to purchase in my country Adobe Photoshop cs6 (Full version not a subscription) but I can't find it. So, since I can't have a subscription , as I'm not working with photoshop but I use (for now at least) just to learn photoshop better and follows tutorials, I could not ever afford a subscription. I wish photoshop was just like always it's been, that is, one purchase it only 1 time, not that I have to pay something for life... If I'm a company, I can afford this, and it's perfectly understandable, but for a single user, that want to enjoy learn photoshop , to not give anymore the possibility to buy a full version that belong to my pc without the need of subscription, it's not something that I'm happy about it.
What if everyone would have to pay a subscription every month, to use , computers, softwares, tv , washing machine and so on)? I wish Adobe will consider this, at least, to do a full version of photoshop also for single home users....

Ok, sorry long message, thanks for any suggestions and if is true that adobe cs6 can be used in permanent way also after trial, let me know how,

thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Valentina ♡ 

Photoshop CS6 is not available for free or for a 30-day trial. Adobe software has been subscription only since 2013 and no longer offers a perpetual license. Trials are 7-days.

The offer you are seeing is for a pirated version and most likely comes with malware that can harm your computer. You can report the pirate to Adobe:

How do I report an email, website or pop-up window that falsely claims to represent Adobe?

Here are the plans for Photoshop and Creative Cloud. The Photography plan (annual) is $9.99 per month.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

If you want something less expensive while you learn, try Photoshop Elements instead of Photoshop. It isn't as robust as Photoshop, but is an excellent application. It sells for $99 (perpetual license), but is on sale through March 13 for $69.99.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Or you can Google "alternatives to Photoshop" to find another application within your budget.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I don't know what is Photoshop elements exactly, it's like Photoshop cs6? What I'm searching is Photoshop Cs6 (same interface, black mode menu) etc... If photoshop elements don't look or have same options  like photoshop cs6, I can't study my tutorials, and books , as they are for Photoshop cs6 menu and interfaces.... 
I don't understand, why Photoshop don't release again Photoshop cs6 for perpetual licence as it was previously? We all can't afford a subscription and subscription is too expensive with time... or, at least, it's ok subscriptions for companies, but for a single user, that study the software, it would be better to purchase full licence.... I feel so sad today, because I can't study anymore the youtube videos tutorials i was followings to learn many effects, if Adobe don't sell anymore photoshop, I have to ask to some resellers that sold old versions or ask to friends if have it to lend it to me,  if they can help me... I dont' see any other options.  Yes, there's some other graphics softwares for free around but I always study video tutorials about photoshop and it's the one that I feel more confortable to work with. If photoshop elements it's like photoshop cs6 then I can purchase it. I will see if there's a demo of photoshop elements, but I wish adobe would listen our requests, as many of us still use photoshop cs6 and wish a full licence.... (just like photoshop elements solution, find a solution also for adobe photoshop cs6), Thank you again  for the informations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Valentina ♡ wrote:

I will see if there's a demo of photoshop elements

Yes, you can get a free trial for Photoshop Elements at the link I posted earlier. Scroll to the bottom where it says, "Still Deciding? Start with a free trial." Remember that the 30% off sale only runs until March 13.

@Valentina ♡ wrote:

What I'm searching is Photoshop Cs6 (same interface, black mode menu) etc.

Again, Photoshop CS6 (released in 2012) is no longer available legally and most illegal versions do not work properly and also come with malware. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all can't afford a subscription and subscription is too expensive with time

By @Valentina ♡

Let's be clear: do you really mean that you can't afford $10 a month to get you up and running, but you could afford $1000 straight up for the same privilege? You had $1000 lying around? Because that's what those perpetual licenses cost back in the day (outside the US, where it was 700).

It will take you one hundred months to break even at those numbers. But that alone misses the real point: a perpetual license doesn't come with upgrades. Pretty soon you have to pay all over again! That's when you start to feel locked in. With a subscription, it's all included. All upgrades are free, as they come, forever.

Anyway. CS6 is ten years old and not legally available anywhere, in any form or shape. If you find one, it will be pirated. Not probably, but with dead certainty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will explain better the situation. Sorry, if I was not clear. This is what I think...
I will add quotes:

Let's be clear: do you really mean that you can't afford $10 a month to get you up and running, but you could afford $1000 straight up for the same privilege? 

Yes, there's people that can't efford (in Italy) to pay $10 at month. And not only because we are students that don't have a job, but because it's not only 10$, there's many services nowdays and each one ask 10$, 5$, everyone, so this become something really impossible to afford.  I can't image if all software houses would ask only subscriptions , we all would have softwares as if we renting for life.....I don't know if is possible a thing like this.... 

you can't afford $10 a month to get you up and running, but You had $1000 lying around? Because that's what those perpetual licenses cost back in the day (outside the US, where it was 700).

I heard the price of only Photoshop CS6 was less, but in any case, yes, I can save cash from different temporary jobs I find  and reach  $1000 and purchase a full licence. I prefer this in my case. In Italy it's also hard find job that last, but temporary jobs I could afford to save. But I can't afford to pay every single things for each months without ends.. there's too many things in a months to pay... 

"It will take you one hundred months to break even at those numbers. But that alone misses the real point: a perpetual license doesn't come with upgrades. Pretty soon you have to pay all over again! That's when you start to feel locked in. With a subscription, it's all included. All upgrades are free, as they come, forever."

Yes, this is a good solution certainly, but not for everyone. This is good for who have a job or work for a company.
But as single users, the problem is that I don't need upgrades.  For the my use of it, it's ok as is it. So, with times, a subscriptions for people that don't need upgrades, it's not possible to afford subscriptions and not needed. It would cost even more than 1000$, in the years.    If I purchase 1 time Adobe Photoshop cs6, I can use even for 10 years, without problems.  As I know many people have cs6 since 2012 or 2013 and still they use it. I read comments, that people use CS6 without problems , still today. No upgrades , no other new versions. The upgrades are good for companies, that's good for them. They can afford it.
Unfortunately, we have to pay a lot of things for months, and if the services would still increase like this, we could not afford anythings.. this worried me for how things are going with techology, lately...also mobiles subscriptions, everything have subscriptions... clearly , with times, this will be a great problem for many people... I think... (if they are not in a company , I mean)...for who have a job for stable time,  I guess is ok, but really, what would happens if all the things we use, will follow the example, and ask for subscriptions everything?

Anyway. CS6 is ten years old and not legally available anywhere, in any form or shape. If you find one, it will be pirated. Not probably, but with dead certainty. 

I wonder what if there's people that would sell their old software cs versions that they don't use anymore? If they sell, I guess it's original 100%  it looks that the Italian law, that explain something about resale:

The judgment of the Court of Justice of 3 July 2012, c-128/11 legitimizes the sale of refurbished software.

European Court of Justice, judgment of 3 July 2012, case C-128/11
Software manufacturers cannot defend themselves against the resale of used software. The exclusive right to distribute the copy of the program ends with the first sale. In this judgment, the Court states that the principle of exhaustion of the distribution right applies not only when copies of the software are sold on data carriers, but also when they are distributed via downloads from the company's website.

Judgment of 2013 of the Federal Court of Justice of 17.7.2013, Az. I ZR 129/08
With its 2013 decision, BGH confirmed that trading with used software licenses is legal. About a year after the European Court of Justice, BGH also dealt with the legal situation of the licensed trade in used software. It confirmed the ECJ decision in its entirety.

Anyway, I think there's 2 different type of clients, and I wish there was a better solutions for everyone of us. At least, to sells special offers for 1 full time purchase, with a special price for the old versions like /CS5 or CS6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway for people that work with Photoshop is good solution the subscriptions, because it would cost, more or less, almost the same price. Thanks for clarify me, finally I have more better idea of all the whole things. I think you have right. Unfortunately, the problem is from my side, that is that I don't have money for get Adobe 😞
Thank you anyway, I hope one day to have a job and get the software!

The problem is not to pay 1000 $ all at once or pay (even more than) 1000$ divided in years: the fact dont change: Photoshop is Too way expensive. We dont need update. I could use Photoshop cs6 forever just as is it and without any support for 50 years without a problem at all.

The only real solution if Adobe want to sell, is to make pay a software Just like all others company do: prices for All people that can afford: max 100 or 150 $. To ask more can be done Only with people that are professionals and they May need supports , upgrades and so on. They can do it. But photoshop cs6 need to have a version at a price accessible to the entire massese and price to sell is under 150 or 100 $. If this is not done, then most people will have a piracy copy as we can see all around is full of this. So if Adobe want sell better , lets go down in prices for photoshop cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools.com is definitely not a pirated software site! It is a site that has been publishing direct links to older Adobe versions with full consent from Adobe for years. I don't think you have understood what they are saying, however. AdobeXD is not Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga wrote:

ProDesignTools.com is definitely not a pirated software site!

True, but the first sentence of the post is, "It says it's possible to use adobe photoshop cs6 in a computer and have  a permanent free working version on pc." ProDesign Tools would never say that, so I assume that's not where he is looking.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the informations, things seems more clear now, but some others still confused me. 

I was confused because I read in another comment from prodesigntool site  that "by installing Adobe XD , regarding Photoshop, it can be still used also after 30 periods of trial. "

This is the comment I read :

"It says the free trial ended and I can’t access the software"

"As we wrote above, even after the free trial ends for apps like Photoshop, you can continue to access & use the free level of Creative Cloud for life."

So I was confused when I read  "with photoshop app, one can continue to access and use at free leve Creative Cloud for life "... I thought that installing the Adobe XD , we could access some softwares adobe that were not on sell anymore, to used to study at home with it, and I believed "probably this is possible because they not sell it anymore and maybe they limited some options " I thought something like that. (T_T)

(I hope Adobe will know one day that many single users that study Photoshop features and learn tutorials, cant afford subscription.. that's why it would be a good decision to sell again in full licence.. please Adobe, consider it... after all, Adobe CS6 is not even on sell anymore, so single users can use CS6 for study the software at home, and people who works with Photoshop, can purchase the new versions or pay the subscription... Is not that we don't want pay, it's that we can't permit the subscriptions as we are a sort of students or housewives that try to learn to use photoshop for a future work or collaborations with companies...)  (>_<)

Anyway, sorry to all for the questions > <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, a little updated. Finally I have a better idea of all the whole thing. I was insisting on the fact it was better to fully  purchase Adobe CS6 because I read the price of old photoshop was around 100$/300$ , but probably it was not correct information. Now I understand the price of Adobe it would be 1000$, so now I understand the subscription  is useful to purchase Adobe for a little price at time, and pay almost the same amount in the years instead of pay all at once. Now is more clear, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But sorry, what exactly is this? I really need to study some tutorials with Photoshop, could be a solution this?
How can I get the a free Creative Cloud membership?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html?mv=affiliat...

How it works a "Free Starter plan for Adobe XD" ? 

"Yes, if you decide to cancel your paid subscription, your account is converted to a free membership. You can sign in to your Creative Cloud desktop app with the same Adobe account, and get access to all the features listed in What do I get with my free Creative Cloud membership?

A free membership also lets you continue to access your files in the Creative Cloud folder on your computer and via the Creative Cloud website, subject to the limit of 2 GB of storage." 

Can I get a free Creative Cloud membership without purchasing a subscription?

Yes. When you start your  free trial of Creative Cloud   , you get access to a free Creative Cloud membership, which includes all the features listed in What do I get with my free Creative Cloud membership?

I will try to download Adobe XD  https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/pricing/starter-plan.html

and then what will happens? I can't afford for now subscription, so I can cancel and have a free trial ? And I can still access to a free Creative Cloud membership? What is it exaclty? It's in this way that I can use Photoshop cs6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought about Photoshop alternatives, there's both free and paid for in the below link

https://www.creativebloq.com/photoshop/alternatives-1131641

Affinity Photo is probably the closet you'll get to Photoshop, there's no subscription just a once off payment of €55

There's also https://www.photopea.com/ a free online Photo editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't like alternatives, I like only Photoshop... the best tutorials are only on photoshop... unfortunately... it's my fault, as I don't have money to get software 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope one day to have a proper durable job, and for sure I would get photoshop subscription!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Valentina ♡ wrote:

"As we wrote above, even after the free trial ends for apps like Photoshop, you can continue to access & use the free level of Creative Cloud for life." 

Here is more info on the free level of Creative Cloud. It does not include Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

• We understand that you want to purchase a perpetual license to ten-year-old software that you expect to run for 10 more years, which is unlikely as it already does not run on macOS.

• Do you now understand that you cannot purchase a legal license for CS6? And that we cannot help you do something that is impossible?

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhhhh now I finally understood!! So Photoshop is not available in any case not even a basic version online, I see... thank you really, this time I think I understand for real... thanks again.... >< sorry my confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Valentina ♡ wrote:

Ohhhhhh now I finally understood!! So Photoshop is not available in any case not even a basic version online, I see... thank you really, this time I think I understand for real... thanks again.... >< sorry my confusion!

We are volunteers who don't work for Adobe and are giving you honest answers. I hope we've helped!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines