• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 running as background process

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I have a problem with Photoshop CS6. Here in 3 of the 4 computer labs, we have the CS6 package installed on Dell computers, but lately they have been giving a very annoying problem. Apparently randomly, many computers when running Photoshop do so as a background process, only running again when restarting the computer. But after a while they have the same problem again, having to repeatedly restart computers that do not open the software.

I have already reinstalled the program on several computers, without success. I have already configured Windows in different ways, but I believe that the problem is in the program itself, because this type of problem is the only one that happens. I've also tried updating the video adapters and trying to open Photoshop with the computers disconnected from the internet, but with no success.

Any idea what could be causing this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022
It's an integrated card, and the video drivers are all at the most up-to-date possible. 

But I think discover the problem here.
It appears to be a conflict between WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) and Photoshop,
in which the WIA-related process randomly deadlocks when opening the program.
We will do more tests but everything indicates that this is it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your graphics cards.

What Windows OS and Graphics Cards are you running?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-opens-only-as-a-background-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's an integrated card, and the video drivers are all at the most up-to-date possible. 

But I think discover the problem here.
It appears to be a conflict between WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) and Photoshop,
in which the WIA-related process randomly deadlocks when opening the program.
We will do more tests but everything indicates that this is it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines