• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 suddenly a trial version of Extended.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched Photoshop CS6 this morning, and suddenly it is a trial version of CS6 Extended. I did not ask for this, I do not want this, I bought, paid for and registered the regular version on the day it was released. I am not renting the software via that stupid creative clod thing, I bought it the regular way. What is happening here? Is this going to happen every time they release a minor update? How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 608 Replies 608
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psychdoc_1,

Thanks for the update. Let me know if anything changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have now updated my driver, cleared my PCD cache and re-registered... I'll let you know if anything changes!

Jeffrey- happy to join in, but warn them I need baby steps!!! ( the driver update was automatic, so I couldn't mess that up....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps... I meant to say Thanks Noel.... But my ipad doesn't let me edit posts.... So

Thanks Noel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsty,

I'll send you a direct message with details. The intent is to make the process of checking the fix as simple as possible. I will certainly help out when needed, as well.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Installer and Updater teams, which I suspect must have a hand in activation and registration issues, are just about the most enigmatic bunch of human beings whose work I have ever come across.  That's all I will say about them in the hope this post doesn't get censored as did one of the last ones in which I commented on said teams along these lines.  [ nah, THIS one is right on topic - admin ]

That being said, I hope it is allowed to point out that even Adobe staff, engineering and otherwise, have had some choice words to say about what they "would like to do to those individuals", both publicly and privately.  Privately in e-mail correspondence, and publicly in the forums and in their individual blogs.

What I'm trying to say here is that it's not just Adobe customers who have to deal with the consequences.  Other Adobe teams are equally frustrated with them as we are.  Unfortunately, the elephantine Adobe bureaucracy is an unresponsive, immutable beast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, mine is a Windows 7 64-bit system.

However, I am surprised that these issues seem to be happening on both Macs and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update for standalone CS6 for Mac, the one containing PS 13.0.5.  I'm on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8.
I was still having the trial version pop-up issue, and had to enter my serial number everytime I restarted the computer.
I tried deleting the FlexNet Publisher folder in /Library/Preferences/. So far, that seems to have worked.

Just thought I'd let the other Mac users know. If I encounter it again, I'll try the other other solutions on the page you posted (Error "Licensing has stopped working" | Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've found that in my particular situation, deleting the FlexNet Publisher folder only works if I work on one machine.
I am using the software on two almost identical MacBook Pros, both my personal machines. One, a 2008 MBP, is at my school. It is in the slow process of dying, which is why I temporarily bought my second machine, a 2007 MBP, which I keep at home. The Adobe suite is loaded onto a 96 GB ExpressCard/32 SSD. I take this pop-in SSD from home to work. It is also my startup drive on both computers. Usually I just work at home, but I occasionally have to use Photoshop for a Keynote presentation at work. Even though the software is on the exact same SSD, I will get the trial version login every time I open the software when I switch computers. Both computers should be activated. I've entered the serial number many many times now. These are the only two machines I've ever used the software on, and they are both mine. Of course I do not use them simultaneously. I do use the cut and paste method for the serial number, but the process is getting really annoying, especially if I don't have a network connection for the software to log into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working on a Dell Latitude Windows 8.1 laptop and have been using Photoshop CS6 (and earlier versions before CS6) with no problems for a long time. Now suddenly, I have a trail version of CS6 Extended and do not know how to get back to the CS6 version I have purchased and been using. I know this subject was on here last year but have not seen any updates since then and there did not seem to be a solution posted back then. Was a solution ever found? Any suggestions what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines