Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 will not save in Mojave

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 will not save in Mojave 10.14.6
It worked fine for a couple of months then stopped being able to save last week. I own CS6 and am not very interested in paying a fee every month for CC. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I reinstalled Photoshop CS6, but it did noy change the issue. When I go to save I get a message that says "Could not save as...because the file is already in use or was left open byy another application." This is driving me crazyzy. Help! 
The same thing happens when I try to rename the file, or save as.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

After wasting most of my day reinstalling Photoshop CS6. I stopped to think about what might have changed on my computer/setup. I realizzed that I had installed Sophos Home anti-virus a few days before I noticed the Photoshop problem. I did an uninstall for Sophos and my Photoshop CS6 seems to be working perfectly. Who knew? (Certainly not the customer service people of Adobe.) Adobe did not create the problem, but they did not solve it either. Lesson learned. I hope this might help someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

CS6 is an old software which is not officially supported to run on Mojave. It might run fine for some but there is no suriety that it will keep doing so, someday it might stop or behave erratically due to things you might not even notice you changed. The forums are filled with all sorts of issues people are facing with CS6 on Mojave. I would suggest that if it is worth you could evaluate subscribing to CC, if this is not a possibility then you have the following options

• Get hold of an old Mac with the proper recommended OS for CS6 installed
  • Create a VM with the correct OS version installed, you could look at softwares like VMWare Fusion
  • You could also try and install the needed MACOS on an external drive

I would suggest you spend your time evaluating the above options rather than making it work on Mojave, because in that case you will never be sure that it will work whenever you need it and professional work can't be dependent on such instability

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your insights. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After wasting most of my day reinstalling Photoshop CS6. I stopped to think about what might have changed on my computer/setup. I realizzed that I had installed Sophos Home anti-virus a few days before I noticed the Photoshop problem. I did an uninstall for Sophos and my Photoshop CS6 seems to be working perfectly. Who knew? (Certainly not the customer service people of Adobe.) Adobe did not create the problem, but they did not solve it either. Lesson learned. I hope this might help someone else.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it got sorted out for you, but i would still recommend you give a thought to the options i mentioned and be prepared before the next such issue arises.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It did help someone...exactly the same issue, got rid off Sophos and I'm able to save my documents again...many thanks for the Grateful Lad!!!! And of course I'm aware that running this old school Photoshop CS6 will bring me new challenges soon, but hey, isn't always the case with Life.. ; ) If really stuck I got the new CC on an 2022 MBP.. ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines