• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cursor will not change icons

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Photoshop v 22.1) My cursor will not change icons according to the tool selected. It shows up as the default arrow. I've reset preferences a few times and made sure my cursor settings were correct, but nothing has worked. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? All of the tools work perfectly fine but it throws me off when I can't see the correct icon. It makes using the brush tool especially difficult.Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 6.04.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-19 at 6.12.05 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue. I have tried all the tools and it's still the same cursor. Circle with crosshair. It doesn't matter if I'm in the rectangular marquee tool, brush tool, quick selection tool....it's all the circular cursor with the crosshair. I've even reset my tools.

Someone please help! **Also, remind me to never update adobe ever again. I only seem to run into issues when updating and it's the most annoying thing ever. Especially when you have clients looking for a speedy turnaround.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with the updated version too! But I was so frustrated with this that I started to keyboard smash and it somehow fixed my cursor... Not really a good solution but it worked haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up closing Photoshop and re-opening it. So far my cursor has changed with the tools I am using which was my issue. 

Seems to happen to me once in a while where my cursor doesn't align with the tool I'm using (Clone stamp, brush, heal...etc.) and this restart of Photoshop seems to be the only fix when I run into this issue. 

I'll continue to update if I find a more permanent solution but I guess this will do for people dealing with a deadline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quickest resolution I've found is not a complete "restart" but just "save changes" then just "X" out the image from the Photoshop window, dont close the PS window, and reopening the same image from "File" reopen recent. This can work also when you have multiple images open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that I am constantly dealing with.  I'll move between the brush and pen tool and the pen tool will still have the brush cursor on the image.  Its absolutely unacceptable for a program that is used on a daily basis for proffessional retouchers.  Adobe is really going down hill!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your caps lock is not on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, what a dumb shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this has been driving me nuts for YEARS!!!!! All because of a caps lock...thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines