• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop defaulting to random preferences upon closing, after upgrading to 2021

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Mac to Catalina so that I could run the 2021 version of photoshop. It transferred over all my custom brush packs I had previously been using but now for some reason every time I close photoshop and open it up again, it hasn't kept anything I have changed? 
So for example - I am on it now - I have installed 3 new brush packs in addition to the custom ones I was using before (the ones that come up every time I open it) but if I close Photoshop down and load it back up again, the newest ones will need to be installed again. I have also noticed I can only 'append' photoshop's default brushes....but none of my own. 

But it isn't just the brushes...

Right before I upgraded my Mac and Photoshop, I had the lasso tool on the polygon option, this also now seems to be what it defaults to...  and another example, my rectangle shape tool always defaults to having rounded corners and being a path not a shape. This was how I last used it before upgrading. How on Earth do I fix all this? I have tried to go into preferences and reset it on closing, but it hasn't helped! 

It's beyond frustrating! Any helo greatly appreciated, thank you. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Have you given Photoshop full disk permissions in Mac OS Sytem Preferences/Security and Privacy/Privacy tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you given Photoshop full disk permissions in Mac OS Sytem Preferences/Security and Privacy/Privacy tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - yes this seems to have resloved the issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I celebrated too soon - it DID work... but now it's ack to not keeping my brushes installed when I quit... I don't understand what it's playing at! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the specific folder they are located in and make sure the File/Get Info shows that it has read/write permissions for everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines