• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop deleted project file

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double clicked on my recent tab in the home page on photoshop. My file went missing, the i did it to the next one, and the next. All three instantly disappeared. Then i clicked on the next image, and it opened. 

Then when i went looking in my recent projects these files were nowhere to be seen.

These missing images were all duplicates of each other, with slight differences. 

I've looked everywhere for them, i cant find my project files anywhere. All i did was double click and the vanished. Please help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Are you saving files to the internal harddrive? An externa drive? A network volume or server? As a Cloud Document?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter23248569umza 

What you see on the Home Screen is a preview of Recents. If the actual file no longer exists, it will disappear when clicked. 

Some reasons for this include:

• the files were renamed
  • they were moved to another folder
  • they exist on a drive that is not connected to your computer

The file that opened still exists and is in the same location.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving files to the internal harddrive? An externa drive? A network volume or server? As a Cloud Document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you Jane.

If i move the files back should that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Peter23248569umza , and I'm glad you were able to find them! If moving them back doesn't restore them to Recents, just open them again.

The Recent files are displayed in both the Home Screen and in File > Recents, and you can change the number of Recents in Preferences.

The OS also maintains a list of Recents. On macOS it's found in the Apple menu. I found this for Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/customize-the-list-of-recently-used-files-in-office-apps-...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines