• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Deletion

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so this is the second time this has happened to me, I was working on a photoshop file, and went back to the photoshop homescreen and clicked on another photoshop file to work on, and it completely deleted everything out of that file, it is no where to be found, not in my recylcle bin, photoshop deleted section, my computer files, adobe, anywhere. Please someone help me !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't save to the desktop! By default, both Windows and MacOS now puts the desktop in the cloud. That's fine for small casual files, but Photoshop files are often orders of magnitude bigger, and cloud saving is not a realistic option.

If you specify local desktop during install and setup you'll be fine, but we've seen a number of cases lately where desktop files don't save properly because they go up in the cloud. There may even be an active size limit imposed.

In other words, this isn't really a Photoshop problem, but a Windows/MacOS problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The home screen shows a list of recently opened files. If the file was renamed, moved, deleted, or is on an external drive that is not connected to your computer, the preview will show up in recents until you click it.

If the file is still on your computer, choose File > Open and navigate to the folder where you put it. If you can't find it, do a computer search to see where you put it.

EDIT: second time today, @D Fosse posted while I was still typing. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and normally I would suggest exactly what you did.

But I'm beginning to suspect that cloud desktop is the real explanation for these "disappearing file"-threads....if this is desktop too, my suspicion grows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point and I will start mentioning that.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines