• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop detected an error in your display driver

Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the forum but haven't found a solution to my issue with PS 22.4.2.

In Preferences->Performance, for the Graphics Processor it lists "Photoshop detected an error in your display driver". I've installed the latest version of the driver for my NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti. PS 2021 system requirements list Microsoft DirectX 12 which that card supports. The User Graphics Processor and Advance Settings are greyed out.

In LrC 10.3, it shows the graphics card it says "Your system automatically supports basic acceleration" under the NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti. text if that means anything.

Attached is the system info.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Your GPU does not meet Photoshop 2021 requirements 2GB VRAM. You need to upgrade your Display adapter for Photoshop 2021.  Use Photoshop 2020 instead. Your System Info shows this:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GPU does not meet Photoshop 2021 requirements 2GB VRAM. You need to upgrade your Display adapter for Photoshop 2021.  Use Photoshop 2020 instead. Your System Info shows this:

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @JJMack for both finding the answer and showing me I should have read the system info first. 

I hardly use PS and mostly LrC.

My system is old, and I had issues upgradin to Windows 10, so downgrading to PS 2020 is a better plan than replacing the video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i had the same problem.

I make this ( create a PSuserconfig.txt) and solved my problem.

In Photoshop 2021 and 2022.

See the answer here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-v22-4-1-stil-doesn-t-detect...

(Step 4)

I've searched the forum but haven't found a solution to my issue with PS 22.4.2.

In Preferences->Performance, for the Graphics Processor it lists "Photoshop detected an error in your display driver". I've installed the latest version of the driver for my NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti. PS 2021 system requirements list Microsoft DirectX 12 which that card supports. The User Graphics Processor and Advance Settings are greyed out.

In LrC 10.3, it shows the graphics card it says "Your system automatically supports basic acceleration" under the NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti. text if that means anything.

Attached is the system info.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight

By @DS256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines