• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop disappeared from my computer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with Photoshop for many years.  Last night, it disappeared from my computer.  First, it stopped working and I pressed control, alt, delete.  Now, when I go to C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe, there is Bridge (works just fine) and a yellow folder that says Adobe Photoshop CC 2019.  Under that is Plug-ins, which is totally empty.  Under that is Required which holds  CEP, Plug-ins and typesupport.  Anything I try to go to under CEP is empty and the same with the remaining two. So all of my plug-ins, filters, brushes, fonts, etc. are gone.  And no, I didn't have a backup.  I don't dare load it again in case this will happen over and over.  Has this happened to anyone else, and what could have caused it?  Probably a myriad of things, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything in C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/AdobePhotoshopCC2019/ ? And what do you see in the Crative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Topaz Labs/Topaz Studio, etc.  That's it.  Creative Cloud.exe takes me to the usual thing where you see your installed Adobe programs, etc.  Photoshop would seem to be there but when you click OPEN, it's not.  Of course, it's the same with Camera Raw.  I had just downloaded some art brushes from Adobe, but it didn't happen just after that.  I also looked for a .log and it was empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop  disappeared from my computer too, last week. When I go to the Creative Cloud Desktop, I can click on "install" and it starts installing but then after 93% the installation fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha;

I think this is a classic case of Adobe trying too hard to defend intellectual property, since it's clear their software uninstalls itself at the drop of a hat. I have only occasional internet, so I notice that when Adobe can't contact its servers for a day or so, it automatically removes it. I don't know in which universe Adobe thinks that it is OK to waste my limited monthly download quota downloading and redownloading content, and this is just one of many personal violations I've felt from Adobe. I pay and have paid forever for this software and I'm offended that despite the fact that I've spent thousands of dollars on this, I STILL cannot rely on having Photoshop running when I need to sit down and work on something suddenly, which is the case now. I'm screwed. I have a class and I can't present. THANKS SO MUCH, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me. It can't be a coincidence. Adobe owes me twenty minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of here is that the CC app is set to auto-update all applications - but the installation of the new version fails, possibly because system requirements aren't met. That's really the only explanation possible. Of course an application doesn't spontaneously uninstall itself. 

Turning off auto-update is always the very first thing I do with any application.

And no, failure to verify the license because the machine is offline, will only bring up a nag screen after thirty days offline. It won't uninstall. Continued failure to verify will eventually cause it to stop working, but it will never uninstall itself.

Another thing is that everything under your user account starts fresh with a new version. Brushes, actions and so on must be reloaded from your saved-out folders. Plugins don't necessarily migrate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well - mine is uninstalled. It must have done something like that. I have had Adobe Cloud of for a while now because despite the fact that I pay monthly for ALL the APPS I have been busy with my new job and not had a chance to create anything. I go to open photoshop version of something I created for a client and all of a sudden Photoshop is gone. It is "updating now" but things went so far as my computer reassigned the xtention. I have been frustrated about this for an hour trying to sort out where my Photoshop was. So annoyed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years after this post and the same thing just happened to me after being out of the country for three weeks. I've only been using Photoshop since version 7, never seen this before. Sadly Lightroom still works but I'd rather use Corel software than Lightroom. bridge is also not working correctly. Now I have to probably delete everything Adobe and reinstall. Good thing Adobe has the customer support it has (not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @bmoag Well, that's messed up if Photoshop disappeared from your computer on its own. I started using Photoshop earlier than v7, but I've never seen or heard of that happening until you brought this thread back to the foreground. I'm wondering if you had an unsuccessful fix experience with Adobe support, or if you think there isn't any customer support at all. If it's the former, we have a lot of pro support on this board, plus several Adobe engineers continually monitor the posts. Please give someone else a chance to help you… if you want help.

If it's the latter, you can reach Adobe by chat or phone:

For chat support, make sure you are signed in with your Adobe ID.

— Look up your current plans here: https://account.adobe.com.

— Type AGENT in the chat box to bypass the automatic chatbot and be connected to a live person.

— Chat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

To call Adobe, search this list for the support phone number in your country:

— Phone List: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines