• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not recognize wacom stylus pressure (MAC)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached the end of what I can find for fixes for this problem. I have also reached the end of my patience.

I have a mac running Catalina with an intuos pro tablet and the latest version of Photoshop (21.1).

My Wacom driver is up to date. 

Every other program that I have that uses pen pressure is not having the problem. Including an older version of Photoshop.

I also have an identical set up at work that is running perfectly.

I have tried:
- Making sure I was using the right brush
- clicking the little pen with the circles icon
- clearing preferences for PS
- Allowing PS to control my computer via Security & Privacy settings
- Adding PS to my application in Wacom preferences
- Reinstalling PS
- Reinstalling Adobe CC and all of the Adobe apps I use
- Reformatting my entire computer
- Redoing all of the steps I did before reformatting my computer
- Reformatting my entire computer a second time with the assistance of the IT guy at work and then reinstalling Adobe CC and all of the apps

I finally got onto a chat with Adobe support and gave them remote control of my computer. He/she had me reinstall my Wacom driver again (I had done this 5 times by this point). The chat was also PAINFULLY slow but I tried to maintain my patience as I hoped the result would be worth it. It was NOT. Support told me, "It's probably your Wacom driver. You should contact Wacom support."
Even though Photoshop is the ONLY app having problems!?!?!?!

So now I turn to you all. How do I fix this!?! Does anyone have any ideas? Please help.

Also, not sure if this is related but my Illustrator will intermitently not load any of the panels (Brushes, symbols, swatches, properties, etc.) and not let my open any of them. This problem has persisted through a couple of my reinstalls. Does CC maintain preferences that could screw things up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If even a brute force method such as reformatting didn't help, there's got to be something in your setup that's exploiting whatever bug 21.1 is exhibiting, maybe in combination with the Wacom driver. Post your system info (Help > System Info).

Once in awhile, on Windows 10, I have to give Photoshop a kick in the pants for it to recognize pen pressure. (It's actually always been this way.) Usually, I switch focus to different settings within the Brush Settings panel while using my stylus to do so and it resolves itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my googling I noticed that a lot of Windows users had a piece of code that they use as a fix. I have yet to find something similar for Mac

By "switch focus" do you mean switch brush types?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just generally switching options within the Brush Settings panel itself (e.g., Switching to "Scattering" or "Noise" and then going back to "Shape Dynamics").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IamNik, this is only for them, as there are two input methods on a PC, one on a Mac, AFAIK.

You have not tried hejstylus or anything that could have an influence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know what hejstylus is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try an older version of the driver?

Are you re-downloading the driver, or reinstalling the same downloaded driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling, re-downloading and then reinstalling the freshly downloaded version. I haven't tried an older version so I'll try to do that tonight.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm with you on this issue. My PS 2021 is so erratic with my Intous Pro tablet that at times I've made huge errores, canvas flying is different directions, tools popping up while I'm working in another tool. Rotate tool is out of control and shows up suddenly and rotates my canvas.... Come on Adobe really???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I fixed this problem by following a tutorial with this steps :

1 - Create a file that you name : PSUserConfig.txt

2 - In it you write : UseSystemStylus 0

3 - Then just place this file in the folder :

C:\Users\Your name user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2021\Adobe Photoshop CC 2021 Settings\

4 - Reload Photoshop

Hope it will help you - Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have any advice for Mac users? OP mentioned she had a mac and I'm having these issues as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fix is only valid for Windows, as there are two methods to communicate with the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thanks!

In my case is Photoshop 2022, so the folder is "\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines