• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not save printing settings on Mac

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, I'm using mac osx 10.15.2 Catalina and photoshop 21.0.2. I want to print photos with my canon pro 1000, I open print and  I select my printer. Then I go to "print settings"and "quality & media". Here I select my "media type", "paper source", "print quality" and I select SAVE. Now, if I return on print settings, the settings are resumed to another settings and I cannot print because I need to use a manual tray but photoshop return to rear tray with another media type. I tried to create a custom settings but the only settings that photoshop remember is the paper format. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

You can always reinstall the last version of Photoshop using your Creative Cloud desktop app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just the manual tray that is being reset?

I know on my Epson, it won't retain the manual tray setting but the rest of the settings are ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not retain all settings, type of media, type of tray, if I print in black or white, if I want to print unidirectionally. It retain only paper size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have you checked Canon's site to make sure there isn't a new driver for your printer on Catalina with PS 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drivers are the last and fully compatible with Catalina. With lightroom I can print without any problems and with my settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Canon Pro-1000 use Canon's Print Studio pro which you access thru Photoshop menu File/Automate/Print studio pro. If you have trouble accessing or insatlling Canon has free support that will walk you thru it.

Canon IPF support (800) 423-2366

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon print software is not fully compatible with Catalina. Sometimes it crash. However prior to last photoshop updates it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always reinstall the last version of Photoshop using your Creative Cloud desktop app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAYBE TO LATE, BUT LOOKING FOR THIS ANSWER AS WELL, AND IN ADOBE P CUSTOMER SERVICE COULDN'T HELP ME ... PLEASE TRY TO LOOK FOR THE LAST DRIVER FOR YOUR PRINTER. WORKED FOR ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem for a few months. I am using Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. I am using Photoshop 2023. I also see the issue when printing from Lightroom Classic. I typically use presets but after I save one, when I come back to it the next time, none of the settings have been retained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried uninstalling Photoshop 2023, rebooting, then re-install Photoshop 2023. The presets still don't retain settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried deleting my P5000 printer from the system settings, and then re-installing my Epson driver. Again, doesn't fix the problem. Still Presets aren't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried something else. I tried printing from Safari and made a Preset in Safari. If I used that Preset in Photoshop, it works. Then tried creating Preset in Photoshop again and still the new Photoshop Preset doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Let me know what works... I have the P20000 printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem using my Canon Pro-1 - none of the settings that I make in Photoshop > Print Settings > Printer Options > Quality & Media are retained, or able to be saved as a preset. This is a real problem as photo papers require a particular media setting to produce accurate results. My setting seem to stuck on Media Type: Photo Paper Pro Platinum N / Print Quality: Standard, so perhaps it's a Canon issue - the latest driver for the Pro-1 was released in June 2023, but for some reason it is only compatible up to macOS 11 (Big Sur) and I can't get the latest driver (16.50.0.0) to install on my Mac (Ventura 13.5.2) - I have a support ticket with Canon, but I'm not particularly confident that I'll get a reply!

Does anyone has any suggestions/ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than six months later and I still have the same problem. CoryShubert, an Adobe employee, did have one interesting suggestion, which I have tried. He advised, hold the space bard down when going to File/Print — this will reset just the print dialog box. This worked, but only temporarily. I was able to save a preset in Photoshop but withing a few days it reverted to no longer being able to save presets. I'm kind of dumbfounded that this glaring issue has gone on for many people for this long and neither Adobe or Apple has been able to rectify the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, running Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2, printing on Epsn Surecolor p7000. I tried deleting Photoshop preferences in the library, and this didn't fix it. For example, I try to save an Epson Hot Press paper setting, save it as a new setting, and when I go back to it it is set as Epson Premium lustre, and the print look poor. Essentially, my printing has ground to a halt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh! I've been struggling with this for the last couple hours! I set everything up and press save and nothing saves. It constantly reverts to Top Feed. I want Manual Feed, Fine Art Smooth Paper. It refuses to save!!! And this has been happening for a year and it's not been fixed? How is anyone getting any printing done??? Is it a PS, Canon Printer or Mac problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you go to "printer settings" (where there is the option to 'save a preset' as you are attempting) you are outside Photoshop and in the printer company's driver software. So this is a matter for Epson., Canon etc. It's been discussed here that it's a Mac OS issue, so I guess that would need a macOS update to fix the issue. 

Anyhoo, it's not an Adobe problem. It's a printer software / macOS problem unfortunately.

Further up this thread was a workaround:

Community Beginner 
Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

I tried something else. I tried printing from Safari and made a Preset in Safari. If I used that Preset in Photoshop, it works. Then tried creating Preset in Photoshop again and still the new Photoshop Preset doesn't work.

Maybe give that a try until Apple etc fix this? 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@evanNow here's a link to another thread about this with more into and which offers a workaround.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't sure who to call, Adobe, Mac or Canon. I tried Mac first. I was transferred to 4 different people with no results. The next day, I called Canon. The guy knew the problem immediately. Not sure it's the same for everyone, but all I had to do was check a box. Yep, that's all it was. I had to check the box to Cancel Margin Regulation. Here's the article the rep sent me. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&locale=en_US&id=ART168261

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines