• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop drawing random lines on its own during strange glitch

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this for a few months, and I have no idea what's causing it. Basically, without warning, Photoshop will draw random lines on its own, and it'll last for about 3 seconds or so, and there's nothing I can do to stop it until it's finished. You can see in the screenshot it's straight lines that seem to go in random directions. This happens at irregular intervals. Sometimes I can work for a whole day without the glitch. Sometimes it will happen a few times a day. 

At first I assumed it was the Xencelabs tablet I recently bought, and I've been in contact with their tech support. We wondered if it might be EMI (electro-magnetic interference) due to the USB hub, power strips, and other electronics in my studio. They even sent me a replacement unit. But today, the glitch happened even when the Xencelabs tablet and Quick Keys remote control units weren't turned on (although the wireless dongle was plugged in), when I was only using a mouse. I have no idea if the wireless dongle on its own could cause a glitch like that, and now I'm starting to think it's something else. I only thought it was Xencelabs because the glitch started happening after I bought the tablet and quick keys, but it was just a coincidence because the glitches only happened when I was working in Photoshop, and if I'm working in Photoshop, I'm usually using a tablet. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LunatiqueRob 

This is strange and I have no idea. Can you show us a more inclusive screenshot with:

• the Tools panel: select the tool that is selected when this happens
  • the options bar for the tool
  • the History panel showing the history states
  • the Layers panel

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool doesn't matter. It has happened in the past when I was using the paint brush, or while using the Liquify filter, or using the healing brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance tab). Any better?
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a new Zotac GTX 1660 Super 6GB that I bought in Feb this year. I've kept its driver updated as soon as new versions come out. I'll try disabling the GPU in Photoshop and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines