• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop-equivalent of outpainting

Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw in the Adobe Max 2022 video that they are working on a Photoshop equivalent of Outpainting in DALL-E 2... well I think it was in the A. Max video anyway.

I find the clip really hard to track down and also can't find anything online about it.

Does anyone know what this feature is called and when it will be available?

PS: these forums need to stop trying to suggest the most relevant topics for me to choose from (e.g I've had to tag this post as 'macOS')

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

The feature you may be thinking of is Backdrop Generator.  It is available now in the Photoshop Public Beta available via the Creative Cloud App. Here is a great overview by Jesus Ramirez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmDlaRv2alI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

That is not publicly available yet. That was a demo of potential future technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature you may be thinking of is Backdrop Generator.  It is available now in the Photoshop Public Beta available via the Creative Cloud App. Here is a great overview by Jesus Ramirez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmDlaRv2alI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I don't think that's it, I'm more thinking of the demo they showed (altough I can't seem to find it anywhere) where they select certain areas of an image, and generate imagery based on promptsScreenshot 2023-01-14 at 23.28.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not publicly available yet. That was a demo of potential future technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This blog post talks more about the future of implementing generative AI into Photoshop:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2022/10/18/bringing-next-wave-ai-creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I was under the impression it was pretty much guaranteed. Hopefully it becomes a reality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines