Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop error crashing iMac

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I have a customer who is seeing strange crashes on his iMac. The error logs show ulcanprovider::Received messsage of type: sync.out.response.app.ping & requestId: 624ab301-d454-47cf-b116-159965ba0af4 every 5-10 seconds. These show up in his user logs and do not show up when I login to his computer. After some research, the only one of the same issue I can find is on this forum and is why I believe this is a Photoshop issue. https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/intermittent-photoshop-crashes-on-bi.... There is no solution on here. His specs are:

Big Sur 11.6
3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
32GB Memory

We have re-imaged his Mac, updated all his Adobe programs, and ensured he is using the default settings on Photoshop. He is on Big Sur because we have blocked updating to Monterey as it causes issues with our printers, but it does not appear to be an OS issue anyway. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @IColinI - I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Photoshop itself does not crash, or at least show a crash report dialog box. It simply seems to be causing the whole computer to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A system crash usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

You could try bypassing the GPU. Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try that, but that it is a newer iMac, about 6 months old, and I would not think that would explain why it is only on his user account that these errors show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I just installed photoshop on my own iMac and am getting the same logs. Are the sync.out.response.app.ping & requestId logs supposed to show up every 5-10 seconds? What exactly does it mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message is from a sync agent. It may be a red herring. You would get this in the console when you're syncing files, cloud documents, presets, library assets, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you syncing anything? If you disable sync, does the problem go away? I wouldn't expect this to cause your problems, but wouldn't hurt to rule it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines