• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Error message: Could no open xxxxx.jpg" because a JEG marker segment length is too short..

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Mac Studio running Monterey V.12.3.1,  Photoshop v. 23.3.0 the images load fine on my laptop running Photoshop v. 21.2.9. Tried rebooting, tried rebooting to Safe Mode still no success. Some jpgs in the same folder will load but others will not. It may be an issue with a transfered jpg from an iPhone. The same jpg,s will not load in Preview either. I attached PS and Preview messages. Any ideas will help?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

I've isolated my problem to a bad flashdrive. The only troublesome images had been transfered using that flashdrive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. We're here to help. 

Which version of macOs does the system has? Can you check if the file extension is correctly provided or not?

Try to open the preview and save it as (jpg), then open it in Photoshop.

Also, have a look at this article which provides some troubleshooting steps for a similar issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-invalid-jpeg-marker-displays.html

Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've isolated my problem to a bad flashdrive. The only troublesome images had been transfered using that flashdrive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines