• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Errors after Monterey Update

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else getting errors after updating their mac to Monterey? I keep getting this upon opening:

"Could not complete your request because write access was not granted"

And this upon closing

"Could not save preference because write access was not granted"

I've tried deleting preferences and reinstalling photoshop and the errors go away unless I try and copy over any of my old settings that I saved. Then I get things like 

"Could not apply the workspace because write access was not granted"

I have given Full Disk Access to Photoshop.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces on a Mac are stored at (User)>Library>Preferences>Adobe Photoshop (version) Settings>WorkSpaces (Modified)> .... .psw

It seems that there's some system permisison issue on that folder, or your user library. While Apple doesn't give us a direct way for a non-tech to troubleshoot this (it would involve checking read/write permissions on each folder in the path), that Full Disk Access usually does the trick. Perhaps revoke the Full Disk Access, restart the computer, and reinstate the Full Disk Access (all directly in the Security and Privacy System Preference) will resolve this. Otherwise, I'd suggest running Disk Utility on your drive.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try creating a new Admin user account and run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines