• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Extensions [Extensions option not showing in Window menu in 22.4.2]

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Macbook to a Mac Mini with the M1 processor.  I've installed Photoshop and gone through the process of adding extenssions by copying directories into the "Extensions" folder.  Now when I go to the Windows tab the "Extensions" options isn't available.  My Macbook is running the exact same version 22.4.2.  Any idea how I get the Extensions option to show up under the Windows Tab?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

CEP extensions are not supported on PS running natively on M1 MAC's. If you want these extensions and can't locate replacements or upgrades based on the newer UXP technology then you will have to launch PS in Rosetta emulation mode to use these extensions.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP extensions are not supported on PS running natively on M1 MAC's. If you want these extensions and can't locate replacements or upgrades based on the newer UXP technology then you will have to launch PS in Rosetta emulation mode to use these extensions.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very disappointed to see this response.  I also have just upgraded to an M1 mac, and similar to the person who posed the initial question found that my ADP Lumiflow extension is no longer accessable since, under the Windows tab, there is no longer an extensions subtab.  I can still pull up the ADP extension if I go to Creative Cloud and click on the Open (Intel) option, but that is very clutzy.  I like to be able to open PS from LR using the "Open as a Smart Object in PS" option.  however when I do that now the photos open in PS 2022 rather than giving me the option of opening 2022 or 2021, both of which are still installed.  So for now I have had to uninstall PS 2022  (ver 23.0.1) and just go with PS 2021 (ver 23.0).  Any idea if this incompatability issue is likely to be resolved in the future?  the 2022 version is clearly much faster than the 2021 version on my system, but I need those extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most panel developers are aware of the move to UXP - and have been working with Adobe's help to update their panels to use UXP and run natively on ARM devices Check with ADP to see their plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  As you suggested, I have sent a note to ADP folks asking if they are working on this.  Waiting on a response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been over 12 months and I still can't get extensions to work on PS. Are we going to live on a different version forever? LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines