• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop extremelly slow on Windows 11 [Public Beta]

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Since I've updated to the Windows 11 beta (21H2), Photoshop is extremelly slow and lagging making it almost impossible to work.

I've already tried unninstalling and reinstalling everything, and change settings (gpu acceleration, cache, etc) but nothing solves this issue.

Does anyone else is having the same problems?

My setup is: Windows 11 Pro - Public Beta (21H2), Ryzen 7 3700x, GTX 1070ti, 32gb ram, Photoshop 22.4.3

I don't have any issues with Premiere and After Effects, but Illustrator is also lagging.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Photoshop etc... are not yet certified to run on Win 11 beta.

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

@alanc94157700 

Here's Adobe Help for Windows 11.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Generally speaking, it's a good idea to wait to change your OS until you hear that it's stable and works with your software.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are users on this forum and do not work for Adobe. You can report issue for the beta version of Windows 11 to Microsoft here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11

To tell the product team at Adobe, go here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

@linnuz wrote:

I've already tried unninstalling and reinstalling everything, and change settings ... but nothing solves this issue.

Have you tried reverting from Beta 11 to Windows 10? 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @linnuz ,

I've not found any other reports of Photoshop lagging on Win 11 on the Adobe or MS forums.

Please give these suggestions a try. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know how it goes.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm with the same problem here... Photoshop is running extremely slow on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it still work OK on your live machine with Windows 10, for the same images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop etc... are not yet certified to run on Win 11 beta.

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, it looks like Photoshop isn't using anywhere near enough ram and is hardly touching the CPU, resulting in extremely laggy and slow performance. This is on a Ryzen 3950x, 64gb ram and RTX2080ti.

I'm also getting strange expression errors in After Effects that weren't present in Windows 10, meaning I'm going to have to wipe everything or install Win10 on another drive.

Illustrator on the other hand appears to work perfectly with no errors, same goes for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the applications have yet been released for Windows 11 which is itself still in Beta. Experiment by all means, but I wouldn't go near it on a production machine at this stage.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@linnuz 

A quick fix that has worked for me is setting priority of Photoshop to 'high' in 'Taskmanager > Details'.

Under Performance Prefs (in PS), turn 'Anti-alias Guides and Paths' to OFF.

Seems to have fixed the perfomance issues on my machine, for now anyway.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll try doing this. I've been avoiding editing big projects, some I've been dividing layers between psd files. lol

And thank you for giving me the only usefull reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, no problem!

I also noticed the slowdown seems to be an issue after startup, so don't go closing the program if you think you'll be using it in the next hour or so!

Let's hope this get sorted quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions worked for me, unfortunately. Any news on when this will be solved?

Now that Windows 11 is officially out, it shouldn't take long to have an update that solves this problem. On Windows 10 the lag was way less noticeable.

I'm using a completely fresh install of Windows 11. Not an update over 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to wait until Adobe actually releases a new version with Win11 compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Windows 11 is officially out, it shouldn't take long to have an update that solves this problem.

Do you have advance information from Adobe?  I think if it does not work well on Windows 11 it may be a long while before an update works well. IMO Adobe is still reprogramming Photoshop to work well with DirectX.

None of my PC even have a Processor supported by Windows 11. Windows 10 is my only option. Lets hope Adobe get it running well on both windows 10 and Windows 11 and on Mac and support windows and Mac ARM   RISC processors like apple's M1 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have any info from Adobe. I just hope they do something about it very soon as more and more people are getting the W11 update from now on.

I have one computer that's compatible and other that isn't. I compared the same version of PS on W10 and W11 and it feels very different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me photoshop 22.5.1 seems to work just as well on a fresh install of windows 11 as it does on windows 10, so far, both of which are on the same machine and separate M.2 SSDs.

You could try in photoshop going to Edit>Preferences>Technology Previews checking

Deactivate Native Canvas, restarting photoshop and see if the performance is any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This completely solved my problem! Now PS is exactly like on W10. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After repeated problems with PS since "upgrading" to Windows 11, this worked for me, as well. Isn't it time to get the word out??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See statement from Adobe at the link below :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/using-adobe-applications-on-windows-11/m...

That is the current info, I would wait until Windows 11 appears in the system requirements before moving to that OS.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I'm going to do.

@Jeff Arola was able to help me out though. Now it is behaving exactly like in W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... also extreme lag in lightroom... this is very bad for me, I'm just editing photos but it seems to take 3 times longer after the Windows update... I may have tpo reinstall Windowqs 10 if it's resolved soon. I should have expected it though on a new release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your problem solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ima5FA6,

Did you Deactivate Native Canvas as recommended above by @Jeff Arola  on Oct 6?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Jeff Arola mentioned, try this:

"You could try in photoshop going to Edit>Preferences>Technology Previews checking

Deactivate Native Canvas, restarting photoshop, and see if the performance is any better."

Doing this and unchecking Deactivate Native Canvas again, solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines