• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop f and e keep bring file and edit drop down menus

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey does anyone know why this happens from time to time?
idk what triggers this but sometimes f and e keep bringing up file and edit drop down menus
and i get the annoying windows error beep everytime i press those keys
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gene27167201cqus 

If you press Alt and let go, then it activates the menus in Microsoft Windows applications. This is how we used Windows 2.0 in the days before computers had a mouse, and it is still part of Windows OS. Look at the underlined letters to see which menu or command you will open. 

This is not a Photoshop issue; it is part of Microsoft Windows. Alt also activates the menus in Microsoft Office (Windows only).

After you press Alt and let go, you can cancel by pressing Alt again or by pressing Escape.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see what you mean w pressing alt, but it actaully doesnt give that annoying sound, the moment i let go of alt it doesnt appear anymore and even if i hold it and am pressing different things it doesnt make the sound. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay it seems like osmehow ctrl + shift + D is replicating this sometimes

i set this control for turning on an doff layer visibility,

thing is i dont get this buzz sound when i pressed it before, not sure why sometimes ti also triggers this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone have any ideas what else this could be? ive restartee and it still come sout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you press any other key than F, E, I, L, Y, S, T, D, V, W or H, Windows will play a sound to tell you that the key you have pressed does not correspond with any of the menu items.

To stop the menus from being activated, you have to stop pressing the Alt key. You can of course use the Alt key in combination with other keys or mouse actions without activating the menus.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines