• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop feature that allowed Actions to include the playback of another action no longer works?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While recording an action in Photoshop, I was always able to click another existing action action, click the “play” button, and playback of that other action would be recorded in the current one. It would appear in the action stack as “Playback action <action_name>”. It was an incredibly useful feature that allowed me to create some amazingly time saving actions.

Well, it doesn’t work anymore with the 23.0.1 update.  Does anyone know if Adobe removed this useful feature--or maybe just forgot to put it back into the latest of their endless beta tests, aka “updates?”

It seems like I have to deal with some unpleasant surprise that eats up hours of my time with every update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

I updated my graphic drivers, and reset Photoshop Prefs, and now it works again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Does anyone know if Adobe removed this useful feature«

They did not, the feature works fine here (23.0.1 on Mac OS 10.15.7). 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

»It seems like I have to deal with some unpleasant surprise that eats up hours of my time with every update.«

Well, it seems there has been an unfortunate streak of new bugs in the last couple of years (the issues related to the Rulers for example were quite curious), but Photoshop 2022 does seem to be fairly fine to me so far. 

More far reaching issues (related to Type 1 fonts and 3D for example) may be unplesant indeed but are owed, in part at least, to factors outside of Adobe’s control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my graphic drivers, and reset Photoshop Prefs, and now it works again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just needed to know if anyone else was having theses issues before diving into troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines