• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file not opening because of disk error- ver 23.2.2 (windows 10)

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I'm trying to open a file in Photoshop; it loads for ages and gives me the error message 'could not open "file name" becase of a disk error.'
Photoshop seems completely fine with other files/images from the same folder/disk, but this is just bugging me.

Inkedwhyyyyyy_LI.jpgInkedwhyyyyyy2_LI.jpgwhyyyyyy3.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you opening the file from Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is one specific file, could you share the file via CC files or dropbox and share a link to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same exact error today with a file I worked on a few days ago in 23.2.2. Tried to open it today with 23.2.1 and it gave me that disk error, which made me think my hard drive was failing. I tried copying the file in Windows to another drive and Windows Explorer wouldn't have it: it paused halfway through the copy and Explorer was "(Not Responding)". Ran hard drive checks, no issues found.

The issue might be with 23.2.2, because I made that project right after I upgraded, noticed some lag or visual issues, and reverted back to 23.2.1. All other files are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi
to reply to both of your messages
it isn't from lightroom
and it won't allow me to move it anywhere-even to my own desktop or to another file location.

thanks for your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey
its good to hear that other people are having a similar issue!
though I'm sorry to hear it
I'm considering going to an older version and seeing if there's less issue there and reporting back!
I'll let you know what I find:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Zip the file, can you share the zip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines