• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file won't save

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSD open that I have been continuously working in, but it says that it's Saving 0%

It appears to be trying to save but it's been sitting on 0% for over 24 hours.

I can still export and save to web etc and I can continue working in the file and editing it and adding to it etc, but I just can't save the file.

A message keeps appearing saying 'Could not complete the Save command because the document is currently being saved in the background. Please try the operation again after the save has been completed.'

But it's been on 0% for over 24 hours now and I have done more work to this document which I'll lose if I force quit.

What can I do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently experiencing the same issue with a PSD open that I don't want to lose. Can't reset preferences as that means quitting which is the problem. I'm sure this has happened before and think I just gave up and lost it. Can't save, can't export, have tried history>create new document. Stumped 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in Sept. 2021, I just had Photoshop CC version 22.4.2 exhibit the inability to save bug.  Never experienced this before in 25+ years of using Photoshop.  Tried the various fixes discussed herein, except for anything that required me to close and lose my work.  I just spent time retouching a portrait and didn't want to start over again!

What finally worked for me was to export the layers as files.  I chose PSD as the file format, and it exported successfully.  As I opened each layer, then, to reassemble them into one document, the initial layer opened all askew.  It clearly had gotten corrupted in some way, though its thumbnail didn't show this.  But the other layers were fine, which was where all my work was.  So, thankfully, I lost no work.  Yay!  I quickly opened a new "original" layer from my camera RAW file and I was back in business.  But Adobe should figure this one out as it could really cost someone a bunch of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well as to not lose my work. If you have one layer for example, just duplicate and you're able to export layers. Thanks man! 

Adobe.... What [cursing removed by moderator]  are you doing?!! Why is this still not fixed? Adobe software has been sooo crazy buggy the last couple of years. It's just patch fix after patch fix instead of rewriting the software. Anyway Adobe, you [cursing removed by moderator]  lately.

Excuse my lack of respect but thats what happens when you don't a dang about your users and just keep them frustrated.

Community atleast helping each other out. Thanks community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's July 2022 and still experience these issues when being up to date on all levels. Great! Well done Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying the export work arounds suggested here I force quit the program and reopened Photoshop and I was suprised to see that my document returned with all of my work still there, I was then able to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I've had similar issues for a long time but mine are usually with JPEGs that I can't save. 

I've just found a workaround for mine which may work for PSDs too. 

I duplicate the layer and then export layers as files (JPEGs). Then delete one of them and keep the other. 

That seems to have solved my issue and hope it may help others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently experiencing the same issue with a PSD open that I don't want to lose. Can't reset preferences as that means quitting which is the problem. I'm sure this has happened before and think I just gave up and lost it. Can't save, can't export, have tried history create new document. Stumped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export layers as files?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines