Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop files that were once 250MB are now 1G

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSD with two layers, measuring 6173 px by 4115 px, that is 1G when saved. Similar image files I created 2 weeks ago, but with up to 8 layers, masks, larger pixel dimensions and smart objects are only between 240 MB and 600 MB. What's going on? (Photoshop 24.0; Mac OS 12.6.1)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if you have pixels outside the canvas. Try selecting thge entire canvas and go to Crop and then try saving and see if that does it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compression on/off?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar to the reply from @Daniel Kramer – I would suggest that you use CMD/CTRL + T on each layer to see if the content extends past the canvas.

I'd expect a saved on-drive PSD size of around 230mb/400mb 8/16bpc... using compression. No alpha channels etc. Just two layers at the stated canvas size in RGB.

If you go to File > File Info > Raw Data, do you see metadata – or do you see a message that there is too much info to display?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines