• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Flickers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Photoshop CC, with an Asus Zenbook 13 - i7 processor, 16GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 150MX.

Every time I place my tablet pen - Intuous Pro M - down in Photoshop, the workspace (just the workspace, not the windows around it or the toolbars etc.) dims a little. It stops as soon as I lift the pen and happens every time.

I've tried updating the drivers - they are now all up to date - using CC 2017 etc..

Nothing helped so far.

It's immensely annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have reported problems Intuos Pro pen and a Windows 10 update (as below). Have you installed any Windows updates lately?

Wacom Intuos Pro pen not working properly with latest version of Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now discovered that the problem is not just tablet-related. The same thing happens if I click onto the canvas using a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

I've traced multiple unanswered threads in different forums that relay the same problem, some of them from 2015. It appears to be an unaddressed issue with dual graphics cards on some machines. Even Adobe itself has a thread pertaining to it - ( Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues  ) However, since most of the advice in it is basically useless, its solution is "well go buy a new graphics card then".

Yeah. That is not an option.

It's really a shame, because performance-wise, I have no trouble at all. It's a new laptop.

The issue is present in everything from the newest CC version down to CS6.

However, for a few minutes after restarting my laptop, it worked - only to stop working again after I switched to a different program. I haven't been able to reproduce that yet, though it gives me hope that this could, somehow, be solvable.

Turning off the internal GPU is, unfortunately, not an option. And not using the graphics processor as Adobe suggests is obviously a terrible idea, for that would make Photoshop snail-slow.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines