• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop for android

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there ever be a good Photoshop for android as it is available for iOS? Or did adobe decide only rich people need good apps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 156 Replies 156
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your Galaxy cannot run Photoshop, only Photoshop Express which is NOT full feature Photohop.

Here's a quote: "The answer is both yes and no, depending on your tablet. A cutdown version of Photoshop, known as Photoshop Express, can be run on most tablets, and even some smartphones. To run a full-blown version of Photoshop, known as Photoshop CC, you would need a powerful tablet that runs Windows 10."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on android there is a few different apps but non of them compare to the photoshop avalible on the ios devices. The iPad has a somewhat full version of Photoshop and this would be great for andoirds as well. Especially for the tablets and editing on the go. Is there any plans to bring this out. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@warren_heaton Hi Warren, Thanks for your reply. Interesting figures. It makes sense for Adobe to be focussed solely on the Apple side of things judging by the market share they have. Although I have used both latest versions of the iPad pro and the Samsung Tab, the android offering looks competitive enough to win the benefit of the doubt. I guess Samsung needs to work hand in hand with Adobe on the development side of things rather than just offer complimentary prices on Adobe products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*ANAND KUMAR Samsung makes a great device, but Apple dominates the tablet market with the iPad.  If you look at just 2019, Apple did more than double that of Samsung. https://wallstreetexaminer.com/2020/10/apple-dominates-stagnant-tablet-market/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! The bulk of this discussion has been about your Samsung device; I missed the note you made about the iPad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you let me know when I stated that I would use Photoshop for iPad on my Samsung device? I didn't. Here's a picture of my iPad displaying Photoshop for iPad, taken on my Samsung device. I even turned the camera's watermark on, just for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did YOU get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get this working let us all know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be interesting if an App written to work on Apple's iOS actually works on Android, a different OS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many variations now (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Camera, Photoshop Fix, Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Express -- did I even get them all?) and so many devices that I kind of miss the days of Photoshop 2.5 where all you needed to worry about is if your Mac had enough scratch disk space.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave@EDS: I'm not sure if you are aware, however people are allowed to own both Samsung phones and iPad devices. I therefore have downloaded Photoshop on my Apple iPad device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kieran: I would like to hear how Photoshop for iPad works for you on  your Samsung galaxy Android phone, as I have some customers who would be interested in knowing... Good luck! Hope you get it going

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@warren, thank you for your help and useful information, I have just installed Photoshop for iPad to see how well it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave@EDS I understand this, and the reason I came to this forum, as instructed to by the Adobe agent, was to try and find out the reasoning why it isn't compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kieran: That says right on it that your device is not compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Camera is an app that's in the family of mobile apps that share the Photoshop name, but it's not Photoshop for iPad which is... more or less... a start of the desktop version of Photoshop re-imagined for touch devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Photoshop Mix?  That's a photo editing app that's in the family of mobile apps that share the Photoshop name, but it's not Photoshop for iPad which is... more or less... a start of the desktop version of Photoshop re-imagined for touch devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already available on the play store, and the a71 is running the same version as Android as the latest S line, so doesn't make much sense as to why it isn't available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Kieran Andrews: Not going to happen because there are so many versions of Android on market and it would require a different version of Photoshop for each version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Rush was code written for iPad, macOS, Windows and AndroidOS (not necessarily in that order).  It's not a port of Premeiere Pro.  Photoshop for iPad is a port of the Photoshop code base.  For that reason alone, we may never see an Android version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If image editing with Photoshop on your mobile device is important, you'll have to switch to iPad for the time being.  From the brief conversations that I've had with the Adobe teams, there are way too many variations in Android devices and the Android OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thought is that the cost that would have to be invested in doing a complete  rewrite to accommodate Android users would be a non starter for the company. You don't simply paint the barn doors to be able to do such a massive effort!  Cannot just port over to Android anymore than you could decide to start teaching US kids in public schools in Mandarin next semester. We are talking millions of bucks required for a minimal incremental return! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate Apple Products, I work with my Samsung S6 Lite and I really need PS do work. Krita ist much.... uncomfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this as well. I don't use apple products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines