• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop free transform problem

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, trying to use Free Transform with a Smart Object created with Illustrator I noticed that I can't deform it without being tied to the aspect ratio as I can do it with Smart Objects created directly in Photoshop. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to solve this problem?

Thank a lot for your help!

Lucas

---

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.3.2

Operating System: MacOS Monterey 12.4

Version: 12.4

Chip: Apple M1 Pro

Built-in memory: 32 GB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots. 

»Maintain aspect ratio« should apply equally to Vector Smart Objects and Pixel Smart Objects. 

But Vector Smart Objects can not be Warped, the work-around being to convert them to Smart Objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Please see the video capture, thats what i mean.

Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, perspectival transformation is not applicable for Vector Smart Objects, either. 

Convert the Vector Smart Object to a Smart Object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To convert a Vector Smart Object to a Smart Object first I have to rasterize it and then convert it to a Smart Object. If I do so I lose the possibility of editing it directly on illustrator and it would not be practical.
Is there a way to do this while maintaining the connection with illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lucas_p wrote:

To convert a Vector Smart Object to a Smart Object first I have to rasterize it and then convert it to a Smart Object

What gave you that idea? 

Just convert the Vector Smart Object to a Smart Object already. 

Edit: To edit the vector content in Illustrator you need to open the SO, then open the Vector SO contained within it. Obviously more convoluted but still … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When creating a Smart Object by invoking »Convert to Smart Object« the resulting SO is a psb-file and it can contain pixel Layers, Adjustment Layers etc.

That includes Smart Objects, no matter whether they be pixel or vector. 

So »wrapping« a Vector SO in a »plain« SO is no problem.  

If the SO containing the Vector SO gets upscaled pixelation can become noticable, but that can be addressed by increasing the SO’s Resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines